FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Small achievement you managed to do today....How did it make you feel? Did it help you feel better today?

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi everyone..

Their are days when just getting out of bed is a huge achievement...Other days we can achieve things like washing up the dishes or clothes, sweeping the floors, mopping the floors..very mundane and automatic robot like chores for the mentally well...They do these chores without even thinking about them...for people struggling with their mental health..these are huge tasks...

Very often I’ll get my vacuum cleaner out to vacuum ...then it will sit their for days, me looking at it, walking over it...until I can get motivated enough to vacuum..after I do find the motivation to vacuum...I am pleased with myself...
Right now I have a small foot cycling peddle machine, sitting on my front veranda..I got it out last week..to start exercising..it’s still their, I’m still looking at it...My thoughts each night is I’ll use it for a few minutes tomorrow..

My car hasn’t been washed getting close to a year now I think...Today I did managed to wash it....and discovered that it has a nice shine on it.....I did it...I achieved something positive today..which made me feel better in myself...

Have you achieved a little something today...and how did it make you feel...If you want to share that achievement it might make other people a bit more motivated to achieve something they need/want to do..

Looking forward to hearing about your achievement....and how it made you feel..

Little steps and achievements can lead to bigger steps..and bigger achievements...

My kindest and most caring thoughts...everyone.
Grandy...

452 Replies 452

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Grandy

Nice thread!

Made me think of my own situation. My car is also very dirty and I don't know how to wash it myself... I live in an apartment with only a hose in the garden and I'm not even sure how I'd manage it.
Today when i went to the service station for petrol I used the portable wipers and quickly wiped down parts of it. I felt good about that. It made such a minimal difference, but at least I felt empowered that I'm doing something small to make my life better (and shinier)

nice nice lovely really lovely post, reading it made me smile, which is a massive achievement, thank you for supportive and understanding words you peeps it amazing.

Don't like using car washes sleepy or ?

it scares me a little bit for some reason....

i used to wash my car at home when i lived with my parents and then my flate mate and i did it together. i've never taken it to a car wash. I'm scared of it.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Everyone..

Sleepy like you I am also scared of car washes and wouldn’t even know how to use one..plus I think they cost $s which I don’t have...

I think that’s a brilliant idea to use the front screen blades...😂...

I haven’t done it as yet..but today I’m going to try and clean the inside of my car....

Hope everyone has a nice day today...

amberlite
Community Member
Hi peeps my old dog Moby loves the car wash it's like he gets really excited and looks in all directions but he does lick the inside windows cause the foam looks so yummy to him. Have a good one.

hi all,

yes - why are they so scary grandy?! Yay for window wipes at the gas station....

Today I handed in an ipad i found on the street to the police station. It was a bit embarrassing but I asked them if the person doesn't want it i I could keep it -
The woman was so sweet and said absolutely and thats how they do it - and if they don't want it they'll call me. Probably they do want it which was fine but it was awkward to ask so i'm proud i did 🙂

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi everyone..

Sleepy I am scared of them..because I’ve never used them...I know it’s a silly reason..plus all those brushes..knowing my luck..it would break down while I’m in the middle of it and I’ll get stuck their....

Today I vacuumed sand armour oiled the inside of my car..woohoo it looks shiny inside and out...and I feel pleased with myself for completing a job....doesn’t matter how long it took...I did it first time in over 12 months....now I don’t want to use it....living out country NSW..the first few kilometres my car will be once again covered in bugs....😂..

Grandy..

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

your car will be sparkling grandy... great achievement! celebrate and enjoy that.
I feel the same, scared of getting stuck, have seen horror movies (is it scream?!) set in car washes...and just good ol' anxiety.
My neighbour is always outside washing his car, maybe i'll ask him if I can use his taps and wash mine. My street is funny everyone is always in each other's business and doing things together. Almost like the last bit of community left in this world!

My neighbour gave me a flower the other day from his garden and i nearly cried. It's so nice to have ppl acknowledge you sometimes.
Today this is very tiny but I'm worried I'm getting sick so I've been extra careful today washing hands and putting on warm clothes. That's my achievement.