FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Reboot your brain

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Well, isn't that what we do to a computer when it freezes up?

There is therapies and other medical procedures that reboots a brain in order for it to reset. But you as an individual has some limited hidden inner ability to reset your thinking processes. To do this you need to feed your brain the right diet of information.

Several times in my life when I've been confused (usually with people's comments or actions) I've flooded my life with basics. It could be seen as a form of brain washing, of good things, basic topics to spare us if life's complexities that lead us to our state of suicidal thoughts and/or self harm.

So in my case I utilise YouTube videos- one or two a day. Music can be a parts if this.

So try listening to -

Google

YouTube maharaji sunset

YouTube maharaji the perfect instrument

YouTube maharaji appreciate

He has dozens more. An incredible man that teaches worldwide and has done so since 9yo.

Comment here as you please on how you progress in rebooting your brain.

Back to basics.

TonyWK

16 Replies 16

RJ_3
Community Member
Hi TonyWK, I really like this that you've started.

My mind has been so busy and tired for so long that it's really taking a lot of time to reset. But with my psychologist's help and through doing a DBT program I'm getting there. I'm also finding that drawing, mindfulness and going for walks through the trees are giving me time to relax and give my mind a rest.

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Tony

Good to hear you continuing to talk about the positives of meditation and music to reboot the brain. I love it. I recently found this very bizarre clip on you tube - Instant Calm, Deep Relaxation Hypnosis using sound. It was an instant calm, switching my brain to being active, but the more I used it the more the guys voice became grating and monotonous, and of course the affect wore off. All traditional classical music, Tibetan music with vision of land and sea scapes helps my mindfulness, meditation and positive thinking.

Hi Pamela r, great to hear from you.

"Tibetan music with vision of land and sea scapes helps my mindfulness, meditation and positive thinking" yes and the pan flute by the "Prince of Equador is soothing too.

Hi RJ. I find poetry gets me focussed on one thing. Drawing yes. Walking through trees, wonderful. I love the sunsets with the Maharaji sunset video playing.

TonyWK

Awww the Pan Flute - there is some beautiful music played on that instrument. All very calming, relaxing and recharging (rebooting) the brain waves. It's good to be back WhiteKnight. Not sure how long for, taking it easy and slowly. See how it goes.

Guest_4643
Community Member

interesting thread Tony.

i'm constantly worried about my brain, what my mental illnesses have done to it aswell as all the antidepressants i've been on (about 8 or 9), and if it will ever get better. even before i started meds i worried about it but i worry more now being on meds. meds was the only option for me really.

i'm meant to be doing therapy with my Psychologist - DBT and Interpersonal Therapy, but we haven't done any yet. i wonder if it's going to help. I don't even know much about CBT, DBT or Interpersonal Therapy anyway.

should i try telling the Psychologist that we should do some therapy rather than me just talking every 2 weeks to her on the phone? how should i go about this? should i ask my Psychiatrist to communicate with her, or just tell him about it? idk if I want another one because it was hard enough to find this Psychologist.

i did send her my GP (although he's away for a while, no one knows when he'll be back) and my Psychiatrist's details but i don't believe she's contacted them.

i see her on Tuesday so any suggestions on how to go about this please?

hi all

i like this thread

in my opinion getting back to our intrinsic self is the goal of therapy

some might call it uncovering the gem buried by dirt, i believe our essence is there somewhere

i think a lot of things caneffect how we see ourselves, the world, and process things

even the tv shows we watch, the books we read,ourdaily self-care, the places we get our coffee

it's all very significant.

Hi mb

Personally (but every case is different) I've tried a mix of different remedies towards helping my mental health.

A good psychiatrist, a great understanding GP that listens and asks questions, this forum and multiple other self initiating actions like- music, a change of career, workplace, removing toxic people from my life, get a dog etc.

These are all ok but the moment I engage another expert into the fold I overload myself...did I tell him that or was that my therapist etc

That's me. In your case that has happened. It's strictly your call. Action or leave it be. One thing is certain- your worry levels are too high.

Google this

Beyondblue topic worry worry worry

Beyondblue topic guilt the tormentor

Hi Sleepy

On the odd occasion my wife is occupied, I attend a cafe, a coffee and cake. What is significant is that this cafe has a small table in a corner with one seat. I am drawn to write my poetry. (Search"poetry corner post your poems here" I have posted many. It takes me to a world where I am but one with myself

GOLDEN SMILE

There be nothing complex here

There is chatter I cannot hear

Of masks that hide the masks

But I have a simple task

I seek that one act by anyone

Just one second then they be gone

I'm desperate so it comes along

Perhaps a vagabond and his song?

Then my beverage and cake came to me

My peace broken I looked up to see

Within her face upon that dial

A gift to me a priceless smile

And so my stride picked up a cog

The beauty of sun above the fog

I stopped, paused for a little while

I adopted forever her golden smile...

TonyWK

hi tony, beautiful image of u being able to write poetry there

it must have a calming and safe feeling that is conducive to creativity

I have a spot similar, which is very important to my self-care

i used to write poetry but cannot at the moment due to trauma

my topics were usually about love and relationships, and the images i loved to use were related to everyday prosaic objects

i don't know how or why i am broken, but i am. i think the simplest, most familiar and comforting activities remind me of the person i was before i broke.

A little stop at the cafe does help 🙂

hey Tony.

so do you mean I should tell my Psychologist that we're not doing therapy and if it continues, find another one, or? and should I tell my Psychiatrist when he asks about her, that we're not doing anything?