FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

R U OK Day - Let's start the conversation!

Miz
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi everyone,

In the spirit of R U OK Day happening later this week, I thought I'd kick off the conversation and ask what is 1 thing you can do this week to make sure you or someone around you is feeling okay? This year, R U OK day is a little harder for all of us, as we a struggling in lockdown and no one is really feeling "okay". So I challenge you to dig a little deeper and ask are yourself or your loved ones are you really okay? Remember that it's okay NOT to be okay and acknowledging that you're struggling is the first step to getting help!

I'll start us off: every day this week I'm sending a text message to 1 friend or family member to see how they are doing and ask if they are going okay! I know it's really hard to maintain social contact at the moment, but I think one little message can go a long long way at the moment 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Miz,

This is a great idea……

I’m actually handing out R U OK pamphlets at our local supermarket on R U OK Day….. a conversation could save a life ❤️

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Miz i would love to join in

For R U OK day i am posting a photo on my facebook page to raise awareness for R U OK day which will remind all my friends to check up on their loved ones

One phone call can help ❤️

Sandiccc
Community Member
On R U OK day this year, I am going to write greeting cards to some of my friends whom I haven't seen in such a long time. Receiving a card in the mail always brightens someone's day.