FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mindfulness: What Is It? (Even if you dont know please post so we can help grow the forums accordingly)

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everybody

This is only the basic dictionary definition...

"Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you're mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance without judging them good or bad. Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment without judgement"

• Please be as blunt you wish....If you dont have an idea about mindfulness it would be great if you could let us know
  • If mindfulness hasnt worked/or is too broad a concept for you it would great if you can let us know your thoughts too
  • If mindfulness has helped you, please help others to help themselves by posting how you have embraced this mindset

It goes without saying that the forums are a judgement free zone and I really hope that everyone can jump in and have their say

Your input is highly valued no matter how you respond to this topic. There are no experts here...New Posters are Most Welcome!!

My Kindest Thoughts

Paul

1,355 Replies 1,355

Guest9337
Community Member
I had another idea about mindfulness that others might benefit from. Mindfulness is essentially about homeostasis and the conscious application of techniques to improve homeostasis retention/achievement.

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Paul and everyone ☺

Great input here and the threads brilliant too Paul ☺🤗

Mindfulness to my understandings being in the moment and importantly aware of our thoughts that pretty much lead or/and continue to take us down.

Lately what's been helpful is when I'm feeling low often I've snapped out by

1. Stopping the flow of negative depressive thoughts
  2. Thought about what they were without feeling them. If its junk which most of it is, not allowing further thought or feeling it. I kinda shut them down being firm with my inner self to stop thought.
  3. If a thought might need attention and to work through it because it's hard atm (at the moment) I'm trying to let it rest until another time which might/not eventuate
  4. Trying to practice replacing all the rot going on with anything that's positive, good or gratitude helps too. Might be trees happy in a good relationship, roof over my head, mostly have good health etc. Simple things can remind us of pleasure which can be felt.

Missep123 thanks for that about the eyes. I'll try and remember that. Have a slight recollection of hearing that somewhere. Might be they move because we're seeing the scenes as we think. Reliving them.

Keep going good people. Reaching happiness after feeling like we do is a good reason to push through. We'd appreciate it so much more because we've lived on the other side.

It's in us. We do have the strength

🌞

Hi everyone!

I love hearing everyone's input about eye movements and rumination! I am going to try to be more aware of this because I think I have been doing it a lot without realising it!

Recently I have been trying to do positive mindfulness? I'm not sure if this is a thing but basically I am trying to be as optimistic or happy as positive and try to exhibit this energy to put it out to the world. It can be hard though especially if you have a bad day where it seems like everything is going wrong but it has been an interesting experiment for me to try.

We are all in this together!

So I just keep at my mindfulness through Biblical lens, which I value highly.

Let us suppose that the conflation is purposefully designed, what is an "opposite to man"? Obviously the woman, our better half as is commonly called.

Thus we can compress the saying of the Living Bible perfectly expressed and condensed in conflation is this "in a man" = "in woman" = creation inside of a woman at conception?

Thus when man and a woman loving create a child, they are expressing the Living Bible within the Woman, the Fetus that is conceived and grows to become a newborn, infant, child > and lives a life then dies a mortal death.

So I am sad/mad/glad/bad/dad/had/fad to tell you all, that the action of procreation of conceiving a child, rips or isolates the child-spirit away from God/Jesus' in Kingdom of Heaven, pulling that child-spirit into conception and pregnancy and gifting them mortal life by "ending" their perfect spiritual life. But since all these things are circular, the two ends meet and it is true that the child-spirit exists both inside Earthly life, and outside Earthly life simultaneously because All things are Possible with this Mono-Theistic Idealogy / Religion.

So the child-spirit both misses out on the Perfection of being within the Kingdom of Heaven, but then gets to return after Earthly death... in a man. in woman.

So the new names that people seek in the Revelations might be these. inamen. inaman. inwoman. inantiman. outwoman. outamen. outaman. inall. outnone.

meh, maybe, what do I presume to know? Just words on a screen, no need to wean yourselves from others sheen, glean your own insights as they come from delights.

Hi David and New posters are always welcome to share their thoughts too!

No worries looking at Mindfulness through a 'Biblical lens'..yet it may be difficult for some members with a mental health condition to understand as religion is a deeply personal matter

Can I ask what you do to find some peace of mind?

my kind thoughts

Paul

Hello DNG, please be advised that many people do not believe a word you have said and are not religious, as I'm not, please don't make any comment about religion as it's not relevant to people's mental health.

Psychologists rarely mention religion as it can complicate the road to recovery.

This is only my opinion with my own life experience that the best counsel where religious matters are concerned can be provided by our pastor or our priest.

Geoff.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

A new technique I learnt recently is to press two fingers together, eg my two pointer fingers together. I like doing exercises like that which return me into my body, for a second I feel less like I AM my problems I feel like I'm more at a distance from them

Helps me momentarily with trauma

Also not mindfulness exactly, but I like to sit outside and look at Natural phenomena, I love noticing how the leaves are changing and flowers are popping up.

Tonight I saw a possum in the branches of a tree!

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi geoff

Good point, sometimes mixing religious ideology doesn't do well for recovery. I was a bit pit off by a recent mindfulness lecture th at branched into religious territory, I would have preferred neutral ground so anyone could join whatever their stance on religion

Hello Sleepy, good point.

Geoff.

Hi Sleepy21 and everyone! 

What an awesome technique! I just tried it now and honestly it does feel different. Next time I am stressed I will try to do this as a method of getting back into my body. 

The other day I went for a walk and listened to music. With the sun shining down and just the ability to detach from stress, anxiety or any problems was really nice. I feel like I need the pause from my day to reconnect with myself and try to practice mindfulness.