FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meditation, Manifesting, Gratitude & The Law of Attraction

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to start so hope I can express myself clearly and maybe with others' input we can expand on this. I'm interested in people's thoughts/ experience with meditation, manifesting, gratitude & the law of attraction. I've recently started using the Smiling Mind app to meditate when going to sleep and sometimes when feeling a little anxious, like tonight. It is something i thought i could never do as my mind rarely stops, however, with persistence, I find I enjoy it. I guess i tend to have a negative mindset which I am determined to change.I always felt uneasy about thinking positive things as i thought i would jinx myself, and that whenever I made a positive comment or felt happy it would go wrong or something negative would happen. So i refrained from allowing myself to be too happy, I guess to 'protect' myself. Recently i have been feeling happier, stronger, expressing gratitude and taking note of when things have come to me when i needed them. Coincidence, or answers to what i put out to the Universe? I like to think the latter. A work colleague one day told me to manifest something i wanted, put it out to the universe , so I'm trying. Example, recently we needed to measure the floor space at reception so we could calculate how many people we could have in at one time. I needed a tape measure, which i did not have. At that moment our handyman walked into the office. Guess what he had? I am getting into the habit of practising positive thinking instead of thinking/expecting negatives. If something 'negative' does crop up, it can be dealt with, it's not the end of the world. I look for the positive in every negative situation. I am becoming more aware of being grateful for little things, things like getting a good car park at work, a warn cosy bed, a tidy house. I feel when i am expressing gratitude I am putting positive thoughts out into the universe and I notice more positives instead of focusing on negatives. Late last week we had internet issues at work and a colleague i found a little annoying. I've been feeling very drained, agitated, negative for a few days. This morning things were not running smoothly for me. A result of my negative mind perhaps? Little things became a big deal, my morning was crap. If i look back, it wasn't really an issue, i just did things in a different order which gave me more relax time this evening. The Law of Attraction, positive thoughts, positive experiences.

What are your thoughts?

cmf x

491 Replies 491

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

So very excited for you. Sounds like you're manifesting some significant changes, making way for what's new.

Have found over time that basic sense (as you mentioned) or our common sense involves sensing what's needed, something you get a feel for. It's like you could have a chair you really want to get rid of while you're redecorating but you can't bring yourself to do it. Some would say 'Show some common sense; you can't throw that out, it cost you $1500. To throw it out is irresponsible'. Others may say 'This chair obviously aggravates you immensely, every time you pass by it. If you can't come to like it, no matter what you do to it, get rid of it. It's your common sense that leads you to feel aggravation toward that chair. Why would you choose to feel aggravation?' So you use your common sense of feeling, feeling the need to get rid of the chair, and you finally get rid of it. Later, you might realise why you disliked that chair so much.

I suppose this relates to why it tends to trigger me when I hear someone say to another (especially when adults say it to young people) 'You're being way too sensitive, you need to toughen up'. It's another way of saying 'You need to suppress your common sense more often'.

So happy for you that you're feeling the magic. I imagine everyone living in the house is feeling a bit of it too, thanks to you. Sounds like that author has a way of getting people back in touch with their most common sense.

🙂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Def not aligning with my source energy ATM. Feeling very down and angry with other people's actions.

How do I change this?

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

Sometimes I ask myself 'In the school of life, why is there so much work and not enough play time?'

When I'm in a downer, I think 'It's not fair'. When I'm out of that downer, what comes to mind is 'The higher the graduation levels, the more intense the work can become'. By the way, it's easy to be philosophical when we're not in the midst of a challenge. Was saying to my 18yo daughter just last week 'I need a break from work, from responsibility. It's not that I want to stop taking responsibility for making a difference in the lives of family, friends etc, I just want somewhat of a holiday from it all. I need time on my own for quiet reflection, without constant challenge'.

CMF, do you ever think 'Why does everyone in my life get a break from responsibility and I never seem to?' When was the last time you had time off? I'm talking about real time off, when you've got no one saying 'So, what's for tea? Can I have this? I need you to help me with that?' When was the last time everyone served you or you took significant time out to serve yourself? For me, it was about 14 years ago, when the in-laws came to stay and help my husband look after the kids while I took a break for an overseas holiday. Sometimes I think 'S**t, 14 years ago. No wonder I feel exhausted sometimes'. While other mum's might say 'That's life, that's your job', I think 'I'm not out to be a martyr, I'm out for an occasional break instead'. My daughter's pushing me to at least go away for a weekend on my own, here and there.

The downers are definitely tough at times. There can be a bit of venting (crying/sobbing) through a challenge or pure exhaustion, a bit of feeling sorrow for yourself (the self who desperately wants a break but can't seem to find one), a bit of 'You selfish bunch of buggers' kind of wake up call ranting at others and a mix of a lot of other things. Sometimes what comes to mind is 'Okay, it's time for a bit of healthy disappointment'. Healthy disappointment's so liberating. You're allowed to disappoint yourself on occasion from being 'She who is tolerant', from being the 'go to' person all the time, from being the one who is considered last ('No way dude, I'm coming 1st on this occasion!') and from a whole stack of other appointments or roles.

Sometimes I find healthy disappointment gives others the challenge they need, like learning that you do need to be put 1st on occasion, something you deserve. Of course, challenging others does tend to trigger them 🙂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising,

A break? I guess I'm not one to go away on my own. For me a break is shopping on my own, or going for a walk on my own. So I guess the last time I took a REAL break is...I have no idea.

My down mood lifted,now I have anxiety. We are in our 4th week of lockdown, kids remote learning 1 of them in yr 12.

I've been using my gratitude diary and finding things to be thankful for. Sometimes it's the same things but that's OK I guess.

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

My heart goes out to you and your kids. Sometimes I think they should rename lock down 'Welcome to the emotional roller coaster ride'. Kinda feels that way at times.

Nothing quite like lock down to trigger a mum's abilities as an empath. You can really feel their stress, frustration and so on, on top of your own. One of the mantras in our house has always been 'Mental health always comes before school'. My daughter was saying just the other day how deeply she feels for this year's year 12 students. In Victoria especially, this is their 2nd year of serious disruption. With years 11 and 12 being the 2 most challenging years under the best of circumstances, the most challenging of circumstances would be mind altering. She was grateful for only having had one year of it, finishing year 12 last year.

It's definitely tough for our young ones and it really tests you as a parent, what they're currently going through. I believe they're fortunate to have mums who feel so much, as opposed to having mums who are insensitive, spouting out stuff like 'Life's tough. Just get on with it and stop complaining'. When you speak of gratitude, I believe I am most grateful for my 2 kids. To have people who feel as much as me, as companions in life, is something I'm deeply grateful for. We've been feeling our way through the lock downs together and have all found it quite amazing how much we're on the same page, emotionally. While all feeling the challenges in our own way, we're also all feeling the deep need to brainstorm solutions when it comes to raising each other.

Do you find that the lock downs are tuning you into each other more, like you're coming to know what each other's thinking or feeling to some degree?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising,

I'm finding the lockdown is turning us against each other lol. Work, home, school all in the same space. There is just no relief or separation.My year 12 daughter has to attend school today and tomorrow so I'm hoping the break and seeing some friends and teachers will lift her spirit.

On another note, we had a strange weekend. it was our 3 year anniversary Friday but we couldn't celebrate as i had to be corvid tested, my partner sent beautiful flowers which arrived same time as the dreaded text and i had to cancel our evening. It was a disaster. He still wanted to come over but i was not in the mood at all. Stressed, wet from the rain, upset. Next day was his dad's bday (deceased) and my partner bumped into his ex wife whom his dad disliked. My partner says his dad did that as a stir. Sunday i was looking at FB and a memory came up on his sisters feed of their dad's 70th. It was a family pic with his ex wife!

I'm wondering what the message is. 3 is a significant number for us. Our 3rd anniversary was ruined and his ex wife popped up twice. It is actually causing me anxiety as my partner seemed a little quiet Sunday. I have been very down and moody due to lockdown and my daughter, he tells me there are worse things going on in the world (invalidating my feelings?)

Why would i get the covid test message exact same time as the flowers arrived? Why would his ex wife pop up twice? The card reading i had few weeks ago showed knives pointed at us,that someone does not have our best interests at heart. I was told to be careful whom i talk to.

I guess i'm questioning cos it was or 3rd anniversay and 3 is a prominent number for us. We re connected on 03/09 after 30 years. his house is number 30, mine is 18 8+1=9...see the pattern?

cmf

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

3 is regarded as a highly significant number in a variety of ways, relating often to balance and perspective. Past/present/future, mind/body/spirit, father/son/holy spirit, up/down/the in between, the masculine/feminine/inner child and the list goes on. I find 3 to be significant for me in my own life at times. You know when something you don't pay too much attention to happens and then it happens again. You can be left asking 'Was that insignificant coincidence or meaningful coincidence?', when suddenly it happens for a 3rd time. I like to see the 3rd time as confirmation of meaningful coincidence.These things coincide for a reason.

Do you wonder whether receiving the flowers at that time was a reminder that there is beauty in life amongst the poop? Can definitely be times where it feels like there's far more poop than beauty, kinda like you're swimming in it trying to keep your head above it and don't have time to be distracted by stuff like flowers. Sorry for the graphic imagery 🙂 What just came to mind is - You can stop to smell the roses so you get a break from the stench of the s#it that's going on in life 🙂 A welcomed distraction.

Don't you just love the feeling of 'invalidation' (not). You can feel it run through your body. For me, it starts churning around the solar plexus, works up to the chest area and into the throat and then triggers the maniac in me, who goes on some internal rant at full volume. At this point the sage in me may dictate 'Shh, be careful what you vent/let out in the way of words, for you don't want to go burning bridges or emotionally annihilating people'. Praise the sage 🙂

The other day, I felt the overwhelming need to meditate on inspiration before I felt my head would explode and/or I'd permanently sink back into depression. A little ways into a bit of constructive channeling, what came to mind was 'Suppression, oppression, depression' (there's that magic 3 again). By the way, I've nothing against constructive lock downs, I just can't tolerate destructive ones. Example of the magic 3: I love going for walks with my 16 and 18yo, good for our mind/body/spirit. I have to suppress this need and suppress my feelings, thanks to a somewhat oppressive government who can't see this as a mental health exercise. Carefully achieved, this walk's not a problem. Apply suppression and oppression to many aspects of life right now and the result is depression. This is how we naturally work.

Can you feel all 3 in a number of ways?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising and anyone reading. Apologies for my slow reply.

I didn't think of the flowers as a reminder there are still good things happening. But I do now. Thank you.

Number 3. I have 3 children. My son stayed with his dad earlier this year after they'd had a fall out years ago. They fellout again few weeks ago so he is home again. It is so nice. The house is fuller, family feel complete again. His dad has prepared meals and nothing for the kids. I can make sure he is eating well again. I've had to rearrange bedroom/ work spaces again bur it's ok. I like my new workspace. I feel calmer where it is now.

Alot going on with work. Rather than stress I'm choosing to be grateful for my job and the ability to learn new things. I can work from home occasionally if needed in the future which makes things easier for me.

I've never meditated on anything. I might give it a try.

Cmf x

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

Struggling a bit & Trying to find gratitude at the moment. I plan to look around ne today & be grateful for little things. I've been doing pillow manifestation but have slacked off this week. I'm in isolation for 7 day, ends Saturday,& feeling anxious now. Guess my vibration is a little low.

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

It's interesting how when I speak to other sensitive people, I can be left feeling reassured that it's not just me that's feeling some issue. I've got a lot of sensitive people in my life and we've all reached the same conclusion that there's quite a shi**y vibe happening at the moment and we can all feel it. Don't know exactly what it is but the following comes to mind...

While 2020 was predicted to be the year of clear 20/20 vision and 2021 was a year of disintegrating the old ways that weren't necessarily working for us, 2022 is predicted to be one of the most challenging years. Kind of like the universe saying 'Okay, now that you've become fully conscious that your relationship with your partner or family members aren't great, how are you going to integrate new constructive relationships into your life?' or 'Now that you're well aware of how triggering your job is (in a stressful way), how are you going to manage to leave it and find a new one?'. My response to the universe is 'No, really? Do I have to do this work? I don't think I have the energy, especially following 2 years of mind altering COVID lockdowns. Can't you just give it all to me on a silver platter?!'. As you'd know, the universe doesn't really respond positively to a low energy victim mentality. I suppose this is where gratitude comes into play...

I'm grateful for my eyes, my vision, which allows me to scan the papers for a new job. I'm grateful for a mind that allows me to choose the job I need. I'm grateful to have my vocal chords which allow me to voice myself in a job interview, which leads me out of my current job. I'm grateful to CMF, who has just led me to recognise what gratitude is really about. It's true, I've just fully realised, right now. Thank you 🙂

Being grateful for what can lead us out of where we are can be hard to recognise at times. Developing the energy it takes to see things more clearly can perhaps be the greatest challenge of all. Are you feeling exhausted (of energy)?

🙂