FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meditation, Manifesting, Gratitude & The Law of Attraction

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to start so hope I can express myself clearly and maybe with others' input we can expand on this. I'm interested in people's thoughts/ experience with meditation, manifesting, gratitude & the law of attraction. I've recently started using the Smiling Mind app to meditate when going to sleep and sometimes when feeling a little anxious, like tonight. It is something i thought i could never do as my mind rarely stops, however, with persistence, I find I enjoy it. I guess i tend to have a negative mindset which I am determined to change.I always felt uneasy about thinking positive things as i thought i would jinx myself, and that whenever I made a positive comment or felt happy it would go wrong or something negative would happen. So i refrained from allowing myself to be too happy, I guess to 'protect' myself. Recently i have been feeling happier, stronger, expressing gratitude and taking note of when things have come to me when i needed them. Coincidence, or answers to what i put out to the Universe? I like to think the latter. A work colleague one day told me to manifest something i wanted, put it out to the universe , so I'm trying. Example, recently we needed to measure the floor space at reception so we could calculate how many people we could have in at one time. I needed a tape measure, which i did not have. At that moment our handyman walked into the office. Guess what he had? I am getting into the habit of practising positive thinking instead of thinking/expecting negatives. If something 'negative' does crop up, it can be dealt with, it's not the end of the world. I look for the positive in every negative situation. I am becoming more aware of being grateful for little things, things like getting a good car park at work, a warn cosy bed, a tidy house. I feel when i am expressing gratitude I am putting positive thoughts out into the universe and I notice more positives instead of focusing on negatives. Late last week we had internet issues at work and a colleague i found a little annoying. I've been feeling very drained, agitated, negative for a few days. This morning things were not running smoothly for me. A result of my negative mind perhaps? Little things became a big deal, my morning was crap. If i look back, it wasn't really an issue, i just did things in a different order which gave me more relax time this evening. The Law of Attraction, positive thoughts, positive experiences.

What are your thoughts?

cmf x

490 Replies 490

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

You've led others to greater levels of consciousness because you started this thread. A heartfelt thank you regarding the impact it's had 🙂

Sounds like you've pinpointed the areas where you need to 'change the channel'. Wondering if you can relate...

• You can be tuning into all the wrong people when it comes to the challenge you're in. While they might be great for helping in other ways, when it comes to the challenge you're in, they may have you tuning into stuff like 'You just need to get on with things', 'You're thinking way too much. You need to stop it', 'You're too sensitive, you need to just toughen up'. If you're needing to tune into how to get on with things, if there's a deep need for analysis and if your sensitivity is going to lead you to feel inspiration (sense its presence), all that 'good advice' doesn't help or is even a downer. Tuning into Moonstruck's advice about the book could be the channel of clarity you're looking for. You can even feel it or sense it, that it will offer some form of clarity
  • Tuning into the same old environment, typically won't channel anything new, unless you spot something outstanding which triggers a constructive train of thought, such as seeing that book on the bedside table
  • I once heard someone talking about the law of vibration. They mentioned that if we're connecting to life through anxiety, we're typically connecting to life through fear. There can be fear of not enough time to get everything done, not enough of a sense of the direction we're searching for, not enough money and so on. Once the channel changes from 'a lack of things' to 'trust', we can trust what comes to mind in the way of managing our time and priorities. We can trust what comes to mind in the way of gaining a sense of direction. Perhaps even the same for money in some cases. I should listen more often by the way. What comes to mind a lot for me lately is 'You need to seriously consider a budget for saving. Money isn't always going to flow this easily at certain times in the future'

Wondering if you find the best channel, for inspiration and guidance, isn't always that clear. Kinda like it's either visual or audio static. Far easier to see a clear vision of the future or hear the best guidance that comes to mind when the static's not there. If something's saying to you 'You gotta read this book', sounds like you're tuned in. Tuning out from the inspiration that comes to mind, for me, can make me my own worst enemy at times 🙂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising,

Firstly, thank you for your lovely words. I didn't realise this thread made such an pact and I'm glad it did.

I am def tuning into the wrong people. I'm also allowing the negatives to take over. I'm dwelling on them and felt myself sinking deeper and deeper.

Same old environment and same old routine. I'm doing things to change that. Shake it up a little, get things moving along.

Law of vibration. Yes. I feel anxious about the same things at work and have not been trusting my ability. This needs to change.

I've had alot of static lately, time to retune. I've started my gratitude journal again and meditation when I go to bed. I'm going back to getting things done instead of ruminating and worrying about them. I'm getting my mojo back.

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

Excited for you, getting your mojo back 🙂

Was listening to someone the other day who was talking about 'The Void'. She was explaining how in the void, there can be the feeling of disconnection, kind of like the feeling of abandonment from the powers that be. You can be feeling so connected to the flow of life where synchronicity is in abundance and the magic of life is everywhere and then suddenly it all appears to stop. She mentioned how, at these times, the void appears as a prompt to go within and begin questioning on a whole new level. I've found this is typically the case for me. That feeling of abandonment can bring me so down for a period of time, I'm left questioning whether I'll ever get my mojo back. Has it deserted me forever? Am I heading back into a depression? This is one of my biggest fears in life, by the way. And then, bamm, it comes back once I've begun to ask the deeper questions that I really need to be asking myself. Some positively mind altering revelation cues the return of 'The Flow'.

I suppose it's a bit like being in school. If the powers that be is the teacher, it's kind of like hearing from them 'Okay, time for an exam'. You're left to examine what you know (your learned abilities so far) and what you don't know (what you need to learn) or what you need to practice more of, to graduate to the next level. The teacher's not going to say 'Here are all the answers to this exam', they simply remain on the sidelines, waiting for you to complete this personal examination.

Sounds like 'Ask and it is given' is a new textbook for you in coming to learn new abilities toward your graduation (to the next level).

🙂

Moonstruck
Community Member

Hi CMF....well that's great to hear. It's very very powerful....as are you! Onwards and upwards CMF...leave Sis floundering in the shallows...LOL.....xx

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks dear Moon,

I've been using my gratitude diary I'm starting to see alot of recurring numbers again. Today I saw 1:11, 2:22 & 3:33.

Nice 😊

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising,

the book is great so far. I've just read about The Law of Attraction and it's pretty clear why my desires are not manifesting. I've been focussing on the wrong thing.

It makes alot of sense, but I'm struggling to change it cos when I think of a particular person, whom I'd like not to be in the picture so much, I just feel resentment , anger and negative feelings toward how and why she's upset me.

Guess I need to practise changing that vibration.

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

So glad the book is making a difference. Nothing quite like a book which offers you those moments of 'Ahh, no wonder things are going the way they are. It makes perfect sense'.

Some people are definitely challenging, hey. Gets even more intense when they trigger you to a whole new level of challenge. I find such people will trigger/challenge me to let go of something, which can feel impossible at times. With those seemingly impossible times, I can run a gauntlet of questions: Are they challenging me to let go of a personal belief of mine which doesn't serve me any longer? Are they challenging me to let go of the version of them I hold in my mind because, basically, that's not entirely who they are? Are they challenging me to let go of enabling a certain behaviour of theirs? Are they challenging me to let go of seeking approval from people, when it comes to living the life I love? With that last one, not sure if you have anyone in your life who tends to say to you 'All that stuff you believe in is rubbish'. You may truly love this kind of stuff. It can be the kind of stuff that's been responsible for major positive changes in your life. When it comes to this kind of challenge (letting go of seeking approval), someone once gave me a great piece of advice - There are 2 paths. One is the path of seeking and practicing greater consciousness. This path requires you to be open minded and less judgemental of others. The other is the path that involves little seeking. There is little need to seek when you believe you know everything. Their advice was to choose your own path and let others choose theirs. Their added advice, 'Instead of focusing on their path (one of little seeking), refocus on your own for there is far more satisfaction to be gained on your own path'. Of course, this is hard to do at times. People can challenge us in so many ways.

I wish you an abundance of life's gifts as you reconnect with the master manifester in you. Keep us updated 🙂

Moonstruck
Community Member

Hi there CMF....hope I put this correctly...my understanding is {and has proved to be so, for me) is that the more you think about her, and what angers and annoys you so much about her...the more "energy" you are giving her to continue doing just that!

If you keep "paying attention" to something unwanted, the more energy you are giving the unwanted situation which will continue to keep prominent in your life.

This might make it easier for you to understand what I mean if I use a famous quote from Mother Theresa, the famous nun who devoted her life to caring for the sick and dying...she said "I will never attend an anti war rally.....invite me to a peace rally and I'll come"!

{ in other words, concentrate i.e give your energy to what you want, not what you DON'T want)...love Moon S xx

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising,

Are they challenging me to let go of the version of them I hold in my mind because, basically, that's not entirely who they are? Are they challenging me to let go of enabling a certain behaviour of theirs?

Yes to these points - you hit the nail on the head. I've always said the person in question is not a bad person, i just find their behaviour annoying. I realised today there are ways i could gently mention them and explain how it makes me feel.

Moon,

Yes, i have been thinking the exact same thing since starting to read the book. I'm focussing way too much on what i don't want instead of what i do want.

She had a hernia op last week. I decided to let go of my negative feelings and messaged her yester day to see how she is feeling. In her reply she asked how i am and said she misses me as she hasn't seen me for months. I found this heart warming and did realise how much i focus on negatives. I'm also projecting my negative feelings and thinking she is upset with me. It did lift my spirits and make me want to refocus. Straight after, i saw the numbers 3:33. I have been in a more positive mood this week and seeing recurring numbers again, getting car park closer to work and have been enjoying the things I'm learning at work instead of letting them stress me out. I've been writing in my gratitude journal each night too before reading a chapter of the book.

The power of positive thinking, manifesting, gratitude...it really does work.

cmf x

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Well, I'm loving the book.

I read a chapter every night. Funny how each chapter resonates with how I've been feeling or what has been on my mind that day. Perhaps I'm aligning with my Source Energy? Each chapter is clarifying what I needed to know on that day.

It's not rocket science, but basic sense. I can see how things that have or haven't worked in the past have been a manifestation of my thoughts about those things.

I've also done alot of cleaning. Cleaning out cupboards, scrubbing tiles and re arranged a couple of rooms. It's brought a sense if calm. My daughter's bed is no longer against the wall with the curtain, it looks bigger and more open. My desk from which I work from home is no longer facing a wall. It looks out to the family room, the window to my right instead of behind me. I don't feel so trapped but rather more open to my environment. I have more cupboards to clean out. It's so refreshing.

Cmf x