FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Keeping a Daily Journal

amd1953
Community Member

One of the best things I discovered was the habit of keeping a journal or diary.  I tried to get into the habit of recording anything that might prove useful if any issues arose and I needed to refer back to them in the future.   It might not be for everyone, but it may be worth considering as a way of keeping tabs on moods, emotions and thoughts.   Anything at all, in fact.   Some people keep a visual journal which includes written entries as well as items such as photographs and sketches.  Once again, anything could be used to improve the experience.   These journals would also provide a way of perhaps lifting the daily burden simply by looking through it and searching for items that might lift the dark clouds on a heavy mood.   Just an idea.

2 Replies 2

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear amd1953,

I think many community members do keep and use daily journals , which seems to work for them..I did try journaling daily for a few weeks, but unfortunately it just didn’t work for me…especially in down days…

I am so happy and proud of you that you’re able to keep a daily journal and can look back through it and find positive entries that can help lift your spirits in times of need….Well done Dear amd1953…

My kindest thoughts with my care…

Grandy..

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello amd1953, I think that's a great idea, because some people who haven't been able to get to this point, could mean that they are still deep in the black hole, but to able to do this is always good to compare one situation to another, and these will also change from day to day.

Geoff.

Life Member.