FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to remain sane during Melbourne lockdown?

spontaneous sunflower
Community Member

I think maintaining some sort of routine is important when you struggle with anxiety, but I find it so difficult to keep a routine going longer than a week and it’s even harder now in Melbourne stage 4 lockdown.

I don’t have a job and I don’t study, so I am stuck at home. I feel so unproductive with most of my days and on the days I do something productive such as exercising or cleaning, I try to drag it out as long as I can, which I know won’t be maintainable once things return back to normal.

I find it so hard to get out of bed in the mornings, I feel bored all the time and I’m just going crazy! I spend way too much time on my phone and I feel so sluggish all the time.

I want to spend less time on my phone, i want to get up a little earlier and have a better morning routine. And I want to workout regularly and eat better. I’ve been eating either too little or too much during lockdown 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve tried to incorporate activities into my day such as reading or spending time in my backyard but it’s just not enough. As I’m sure many of us are, I’m just so over lockdown. I miss my friends, I’m sick of messaging them or video chatting, I want to be able to hug them. I want a routine and a sense of normal back.

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hey Spontaneous sunflower, thanks for sharing how you've been doing throughout the restrictions. We think many people will resonate with the experiences you've described. Some days can be alot harder than others, especially the days when we need our friends or family.  If you have'nt done so already, we'd recommend reaching out to our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. The website will be regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. You can also call our dedicated support line, staffed by mental health professionals, which is available 24/7 on 1800 512 348. Some really helpful articles that might interest you include: We hope that you keep checking in to let us know how you're going, whenever you feel up to it.