FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Happy New Year!

Not_Batman
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all BBers.

tonight marks the end of 2020, and giving rise to a new day beginning 2021. Some say that its a new start, or a second chance to do what you said you would. A time for resolution.

it has been a dreadful year full of unknowns for everyone. Some have been fortunate to be able to cope well with the changes, and some not so well. It has hit people hard, turned whole lives upside down. Very far from a perfect year.

I hope that soon COVID can be overcome so we can return to some normality.

i have noticed that a lot (if not the majority) of my colleagues at work dont take mental health seriously enough, and that the RUOK day / slogan was not taken as seriously as it should. Though we shouldn't be scared to be that voice to help.

i have seen so much support throughout these forums, and am often overwhelmed by the support the comes in and sometimes makes me a little emotional. The stories of struggle and hope make me realise more and more that everyone needs support in their own way.

i hope to see the support continue because of the individual benefits it gives everyone.

from me to you, i wish you the best new year you could possibly have, but most of all, i wish you all to be well, and treat yourselves with care and compassion.

If you can, reach out to someone you know is struggling with their mental health. All it takes is the question “are you ok?”

Not_Batman

4 Replies 4

Guest_342
Community Member

Hello, Not Batman.

Thanks for your thoughtful message. Wishing you a happy 2021 too. Let's hope we start to see a glimpse of normality on the horizon.

Best wishes.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Not_Batman, a wonderful post and this past year has been such an unprecedented, unbelievable one that none of us has ever had to experience, understood by few and bringing the world to a halt, with the extreme need of social distancing that will certainly change our social life which means that we will have to be mindful in making decisions.

Let's hope 2021 gives us all a new promise of hopeful opportunities and the possibility to change our lives for the better, that's what we all desire, to rid ourselves of any mental illness, appreciate any friends who have supported us and helped increase our sense of belonging.

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope all your dreams come true in 2021.

My Best to all.

Geoff.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Not_Batman and Everyone,

Thanks for your very kind message to us all.

New Years is a time to reflect on the year that was and to consider the year to come. We can do this any day of the year. It just seems like the start of a new year is an opportunity for deeper reflection.

I wish everyone a greater sense of acceptance for the things in life they can't change, clarity for what is possible, strength to carry on and a sense of anticipation for what may be.

Last year was tough, that is an understatement. The memories of the year that was don't disappear at the stroke of midnight. I'm hoping to recall the good moments and to be thankful for those.

Today is the beginning of a New Year. Wishing you all well and may you all find the support and care you need.

Cheers all from Dools

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi not _ Batman and everyone reading

Thanks for your kind words.

I too am comforted by the amount of support on the forums. I have given and received support which is a wonderful part of the forum.

As Dools wrote, our sad memories don’t go away at midnight and many of us will carry then into 2021 as well as remembering good times of the past years. We can look forward to the new year knowing we have support and resources to help us.