FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Had the courage to re -enter the workplace

Billyc
Community Member

Hi All,

I just caught up with my firm that I left a few months back because of this crippling anxiety.

I put my hand up for another oppurtunity With them.

The anxiety all came back but was equally met with the warmth and inspiration that the office gives. Very friendly people have welcomed me back I start Monday,

thats the first step accomplished

(pat myself in the back).

second step is to get the momentum going.

feels daunting and exciting at the same time

9 Replies 9

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Billyc,

Congratulations to you. That is very enterprising and courageous to return to a previous work place and ask for work. I'm not sure I would be able to do that. Some days I even struggle to return each week to one of the volunteer jobs due to the interactions between some of the volunteers.

Hope it goes well for you! You should be very proud of yourself.

Cheers from Dools

Billyc
Community Member

Thanks Dools,

sometimes I think we are the most valuable as the come.. hold your head up high.. you deserve the best

Hello Billy

Well done. That must have taken a great deal of courage to return to your old workplace. I think many worthwhile actions are daunting at the start but you have taken the first and biggest step.

Mary

Hi Mary

thanks for

Billyc
Community Member

Hi Mary,

I kind of took it to another level, I got offered the financial package and I wasn’t happy with it.

so I responded with a counter offer..

i think I may have come across a little arrogant, I just wasn’t happy.

So they have retracted their offer.

Its wierd

empty bank account but a mind full of self worth.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Billy, it's something that normally goes on, they offer you a package, then you mention your price, so they back off, they will then go back to the writing board and have a think.

What they want you to do is accept their initial offer, don't worry, they will offer you another package, so it's sort of deciding on a price, however, if you keep rejecting their offer then that's not good.

Have a rethink about what you want, it maybe a little less but mention it to them.

Don't be afraid to do so and good luck.

Geoff.

Billyc
Community Member

Thanks Geoff,

good advice.

Is this thread you would like to talk on? Or would you like to me to write elsewhere?

Mary

Hi Mary

yes