FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Facts About Me

GoldiloxAlice
Community Member

Hello all. I am new to the forums. I have bipolar. I have been working (seriously) to control it for just over a year now. I want to share this list I just wrote because for the past 10 years I couldn't say one of these facts out loud. I am still not ready to do that. I don't know how many of the posts here begin with something positive. But I want to share this with you out there because if you are struggling know there is hope. You too can find love for yourself. Know it is a process. Know that even though I don't know you I empathise with you. And I care for you.

Here it goes:

I am beautiful

I am intelligent

I am interesting

I am vivacious

I am caring

I am compassionate

I am a healthy dose of crazy

I am worthwhile

I have purpose

I deserve love

I deserve to love myself

I have a fantastic capacity for introspection

I am insightful

I am inspiring

I am a great friend

I am a great girlfriend

I am a great daughter

I am a good sister

I am a thoughtful person

I am a kind person

I deserve to experience happiness

I find meaning in things

I seek to understand

I am empathetic

I am invested

I am involved

I seek to treat myself through understanding and finding meaning in my moods and emotions and actions

I am wholehearted

I have a warm soul

I battle the demons and have small victories

I am a good person

I am a fighter

I am a survivor

I am not a victim

I am strong

I am growing

I am maturing

I can turn negatives into positives

I can embrace and flourish with my gift of bipolar

I do not let it overcome me

I will not let the demons live in my soul

I am moving away from the past and into my future

I deserve a happy and fulfilling life

I have conviction

There is hope

Every one of these facts is real. I deserve to acknowledge them and there is no shame in saying them. Maybe one day out loud.

6 Replies 6

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi GoldiloxAlice

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing these facts about you.  But when I was reading each of them I have the same issue where I can't read them out aloud.  So often my psych wants me to say things about myself out aloud but I just can't get the words out.

So hopefully one day, like you, I will be able to say these aloud. And let the whole world know.

Take care and hope to chat again with you

Jo

GoldiloxAlice
Community Member

Hi Jo

Thank you so much for your reply. 

Maybe try writing something down to start with? You'd be suprised how powerful that simple act is.Even just bringing that small positive voice up from somewhere very deep inside is a huge achievement.

Take care

Alice

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I loved your list GoldiloxAlice. Such a great mix of personal qualities, affirmations, goals and things to draw strength from.  I think we could all use a dose of that list!

Wazza73
Community Member

You're right about introspection GoldiloxAlice. Well written and good luck in saying them out load

djbrowndog
Community Member

Well done GoldiloxAlice! Good luck with your journey. I'm in the middle of regaining myself and balance after a marriage break up and found your post helpful.

Be strong and take care.

emiveritas
Community Member

That's a beautiful thing to post Alice. I'm sure you'll have the courage to say it one day. Lots of love and hugs.