FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Easy peasy recipes - please share yours.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello BBers

Please share an easy recipe you love. If you have a story of where your recipe(s) came from, chat away. Feel free to write your recipe in any format you like! I can't wait to try Mara's specialty Rocky Road..... like yesterday.

Here's mine. A perfect 'day off' meal and absolutely wonderful for Winter. You can prep in the morning and put it together at lunchtime for dinner. I made up the recipe after a few dismal failures lol. I have ideas for any leftover cooked stock mixture later...

Beef brisket - the BB easy peasy way.
You'll need:
1 beef brisket that fits into your baking tray with some room.
1L beef stock. 2L if the brisket is BIG.
Worcestershire sauce.
2 onions sliced anyway you like.
Mushrooms sliced thickly - as many as you like.
Oil - any type.
Salt.
Pepper.
A baking tray... the best tasting one I've made was cooked in a cast iron, enameled baking tray but any will do.
Aluminium foil to cover the baking tray.
A frying pan / skillet.
Utensils for pan and tray.
Oven gloves.
Oven & stove top.

To cook:
Pour cold stock & 2 tblsp W sauce into baking tray.
Saute onions in oil in pan & add to baking tray.
Brown mushies as above & add to baking tray.
Sprinkle salt / pepper over brisket.
Brown both sides of brisket in pan then add to baking tray.
Cover whole tray with foil & scrunch under edges.
Spoon stock mixture over brisket to coat.
NB: The stock mixture needs to come up to around half way on side of brisket. Add more stock if needed.
Slow cook in warm oven c110C for about 2h.
Check.
Turn brisket.
Repeat.
Taste to see if more W sauce is needed.
Rest meat for 15 mins.
Slice and serve.

Note: IF you want a pulled beef effect then you can cook longer until beef is falling apart. Add to sliders, Turkish bread.

If this isn't easy for you, sorry! I have a great Boscaiola coming up later that is super easy, promise.

EM

151 Replies 151

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ecomama

Thanks for starting this thread, we really value contributions like this which help foster community and great connections! And of course great food!

I'm not much of a cook, but I'll pass this one along to more talented hands who can do it justice!

A recipe I'd like to share is whipped coffee (a little laborious but will make mornings a little more joyous!)

(rough measurements but this works best for me)
1 tbsp instant coffee and 2 tbsp sugar ( can adjust to taste)
2 tbsp hot water

Mix it with a whisk or beater until it becomes whipped and peaky or mix a little less for a more syrupy in texture, whatever you prefer.

Add to milk or put on top of ice cream/pancakes, so good!

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Great thread I will post a recipe in here later.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh YUM Tay, sounds delicious. I'm definitely trying that tomorrow morning lol. My next recipe for Boscaiola IS easy lol.

Thanks Matchy69! Your jams and pickles sound wonderful. Probably not 'easy' lol but they'd be great to share!
That reminds me of a Berry Crumble I loved making way back.... I'll try to find that.
It's great for any excess produce, so right up our alleys Matchy 🙂

My Boscaoila is coming up. Easy peasy.

Happy creating!
EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

BB Boscaiola

You will need:
1 packet pasta - I use fettuccine but any is fine.
1 tin Carnation Skim Milk.
Bacon - as much as you want.
Mushies - as many as you want.
1 onion.
Grated cheese to top.
Olive oil.
Salt.
Pepper - I use lemon pepper but any will do.

To cook:
Shred bacon, slice onions and fry in olive oil.
Boil pasta.
Pour milk over pasta and warm.
Combine all ingredients together.
Top with cheese and serve.

This is a great almost all cupboard ingredients recipe.

EM

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all i will start off with an easy recipe i do with grapes that are in the fridge that my son hasn't eaten.

Toss the grapes in a little olive oil and salt and pepper.Place on tray and cook for 30minutes in the oven at 180 degrees.(160 degrees fan forced)

Great on crackers with cheese or i like to have them with ice cream.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yum Mark!

I think I'd like those on crackers with cheese too. I must try that one.

That reminds me of a delicious recipe for camembert cheese.

BB Baked camembert
You'll need:
1 wheel camembert
honey
garlic cloves
Pita chips or crackers.

Just
Slice garlic cloves.
Push into cheese.
Place cheese on baking tray and cover with alfoil.
Bake until you can see cheese coming out of garlic holes.
Take out of oven and pour honey over the lot.

NB: For this recipe I like to make 'pita chips' out of Lebanese bread. Just separate the 2 layers of bread, cut into triangles, spray with a little olive oil and bake.

EM

Mara56
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

Some great recipes so far, I hope you find my rocky road recipe easy. I make it at Easter and Christmas and give it to people for gifts. Everyone loves it and it's easy to make.

Rocky Road

400g Milk chocolate, broken into pieces (not sure if I can mention the brand I use but it's in purple pkts 😉 it's a bit of juggling because they keep reducing the size of the blocks)

200g Dark chocolate, broken into pieces (I buy Old Gold)

205g Marshmallows, halved

240g Scorched Almonds (I buy the other major chocolate company brand. Don't waste money on more expensive brands because from my experience the more expensive the chocolate the less it blends with the other ingredients. I found that out the hard way)

100g Red glace cherries, coarsely chopped

150g Cherry ripe, chopped into 0.5cm pieces

1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted

Method

1. Toast coconut in a pan on the stove, remove as soon as it turns golden in colour.

2. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper.

3. Place dark chocolate pieces in a medium heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a small pan of simmering water. When dark chocolate has started to soften add milk chocolate, stir until smooth. Sometimes you can turn the stove off. The water will remain hot enough to melt the chocolate.

4. Combine marshmallows, scorched almonds, cherries and cherry ripe pieces in a medium bowl; mix well. Working quickly, stir in warm chocolate mixture; spoon into prepared pan, pressing down slightly. Sprinkle top with shredded coconut. Cover; refrigerate for several hours, or until set. I usually refrigerate overnight.

5. Chop Rocky Road into pieces before serving.

6. ENJOY!

Mara

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey all
Does anyone have an easy vegetarian soup recipe for these cool months? thank you x

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Here we go i will bring out one of my jam recipes.This one is really easy and taste great and have given it to people who are really fussy.

Pumpkin Jam

1.5kg pumpkin diced and sliced.

1.5kg sugar

1/2 cup water

2 Lemons juiced and rind grated.

Place pumpkin in water and bring to boil and cook to soft.

Drain and mash or puree.

Add lemon juice and rind and sugar to mashed pumpkin.

Bring to boil stifting.

Boil for about 20 minutes until some sets on saucer.

Bottle and seal.

The method i use to check if the jam will set is to put a saucer in the frezzer and then put a little jam on it and put in frezzer for a few minutes and check.I take the jam of the hot plate while i check and put it back on if i need to cook it a bit longer.