FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Covid-19's Impact on YOUR well being....Help us help others!

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone

This is a difficult and unprecedented time we are all going through. Out of 10 how has Covid-19 impacted your well being?

Just for myself...I come in at about 8....A brief post will help us help others more effectively!

• 0 to 5 .......... Low impact...................Coping well and not really worried about Covid-19
  • 5 to 7 ...........Medium Impact.............Concerned about Covid-19 yet is doesnt effect me
  • 8 ................. Frequent Impact........... Very concerned and checking media/news reports
  • 9 ................. High Impact..................Frequently concerned and experience some difficulty functioning daily
  • 10................Very High Impact...........Difficulty sleeping...increased anxiety...loss of concentration and/or feelings of helplessness

The forums are a rock solid safe and non judgemental place for anyone to post 🙂

my kind thoughts always

Paul

253 Replies 253

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Paul, a good thread, because the impact on someone could change on a daily basis, and if any of family, especially if my 2 grandkids, unfortunately, obtained it, then the impact on me would be high, concerned for their safety, whereas now, it would be a low 5, only because the region where I live has been under control.

I can appreciate anybody being in any of the five categories, so which one do you fall into.

Take care.

Geoff.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff

thankyou for your kind &helpful post thus helping others by doing so. You have a solid care factor happening considering your grandkids and family the way you do..

I fall into category '8' in the above criteria

my kind thoughts.....Paul

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Paul great thread topic.When this all started with all the restrictions put in place I was at a level 10 and was very scared and full of doom and gloom.Now as the restrictions have been easing and the case numbers are not like overseas I have dropped back to an 8.Now we are having a surge in Victoria and I am getting very anxious again that this could happen in Qld and our lives will be really impacted again.

Hey Matchy

Great to have your contribution and thankyou for the super compliment too 🙂 I havent written a new thread for ages! I hear you loud and clear about being at level 10.....I used to have chronic anxiety for years and dont like the recent spike we have here in Vic Mark. Im a big fan of your care and input on the forums...Nice1..Paul

I am at a 9. The only reason I didn't choose 10 is it will be even worse if anything happens to my husband. I am less worried about the disease itself although if I caught it I would pass it to my husband who would probably die. i'm more concerned about the impact on the community & supports. If it gets worse then health professionals are at risk of catching it from the community even if extra precautions are in place at work. this then affects out ability to access health care & other supports. I also worry about the impact on family members

Thankyou Elizabeth for helping others by posting from the heart...You have been through so much...I feel like you do as I am trying to provide care for my elderly mum..My best for you and your husband during this time..Paul

Hi everyone

I think the new lock downs (in VIC) are helpful as it will hopefully prevent any further community infection...

just my point of view as I have an elderly mum who is 90 on August 1

my kindest always....Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Paul, some people treat their parents as being 'special', and your mum Paul is that to you and to those around her, wrap her up in cotton wool and protect her from this virus.

At the prime age of 90, there must be an enormous amount of history hidden away, but more importantly, I hope she's kept safe and sound, which I'm sure she is.

Please tell her that we are thinking of her.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Paul I hope your mother stays safe during these tough times.My dad would have been 90 on the 29th of this month.He only made it to 59.I still miss him so much.