FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Some dodgy messaging for sure shelll. Reminder this thread is safe to vent.

Just booked for booster tomorrow and here in Israel now they do 4 shots? And the az Vax wasn't so helpful against the new variant. Hard to know what helps. I hope I feel OK after the booster

How many more boosters? Is it ever going to end

I seem to think so differently to most people on here. Sometimes it makes me feel so alone.

I just don't agree with things said. And that's ok, isn't it? I don't have to think the same as most people. It's ok to disagree. I am now practicing to voice what is happening within me. Most of my life I have been silent. Too frightened to verbally speak up. But this whole vaccine thing and Cvirus has never sat right with me. It just hasn't. Never have I once been frightened of Covid, but rather very cautious about these vaccines. Something hidden is happening. I can sense it. I wish people would hear me out. I don't want to be silent anymore. There is so much inside of me.

Agree. I am very fed up from feeling neglected and pushed around by the government, so I hear u.

I'm very against ppl lecturing others and making ppl feel bad thinking that makes any difference at all, it's gross how the government judt lectures about vaccines and then it's such a mess anyway to access them.

Gentle hug Sleepy

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think a lot of people are at the end of their tether with everything going on, and I try my best to remember that. Yesterday felt challenging though and I couldn’t sleep, I was so upset after some interactions I had with people around the current situation. There’s so much emotion that perhaps it’s harder to hold space for differing opinions at the moment?

Im sorry if anyone feels silenced. We all matter. We’re all important.

How refreshing to hear your voice Shell :). You are not alone in thinking for yourself. I do the same. The most vocal seem to be unable to think for themselves and parrot what they hear on the news. They push this on others. We are silenced and seem in the minority. But really i think it is just because they non stop talk about covid and then lockdowns and now they non stop talk about vax, and now boosters. Now i try to just let it slide; all that hot air. And ignore them and let them keep singing their tune. It is hard when we are silenced and feel alone. But i think slowly more ppl are waking up. I hope. Critical thinking and freedom to voice our thinking is important. I appreciate you doing so Shell.

Hi Match , and yeah it certainly would have.

lt was pretty obvious to me even 12mths ago that the way they were all stuffing about with building something for quarantining. By the time all the politics and permits and who pays for what and then each state actually building the damn things , they probably wouldn't even be needed anymore anyway and here we are. Actually 12mths ago when they were all arguing my main thought was that what else can they use them for later bc we'll be left with some beautiful brand new basically 1/2 a suburb unto itself alone,that they'll each spend millions on, all empty. So l was actually thinking about the homeless or public housing , hospital beds aged care or something, l don't know.l think the Vic one was finished only a wk ago after all this and exactly as predicted , they aren't even quarantining anymore in Vic now anyway. l'm hoping for the homeless myself , or some kind of shelter.

rx

RX I think the quarantine facilities should have been built much sooner when they could have really helped but I still hope they can be used effectively. I would have liked portable houses/units which could be easily used in an emergency for shelter for victims of disasters such as bushfires etc. When not required for emergency use or quarantine they could assist homeless or victims of DV etc

As for vaccines I chose to get them ASAP because I wanted to reduce the spread of the virus to stop people getting sick filling hospitals and then stopping people getting required non-covid treatment. I am also wanting to reduce the other problems associated with this pandemic including effects on business education etc.

Recently several family members have tested +ve. One caught it from her 11 yr old unvaxed son. The whole family caught it. The mother is imuneocompromised and ends up severely ill every time she gets sick when the rest of the faily is fine. She had the booster and had barely any symptoms in stark contrast to her hsb who was very unwell (He was booked in for the booster the week he fell ill. Another extended family member also in high risk group caught covid but had very mild symptoms for a day as she had the booster. Her hsb still hasn't caught it He had the booster. Their young unvaxxed children are sick. My dtr and her hsb work in health care and have had a number of clients who caught covid and became seriously ill and some died. Most of them before vaccines were available.

I am choosing to follow the medical advice (as opposed to sometimes conflicting advice by politicians & the media) to keep myself and those around me safe. I don't want to cause someone to become seriously ill.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi randomx I think that would be a great idea to use them for homeless.We have a huge problem here like it seems to be everywhere now.I know people living in cars with kids out here who house was sold and can't find anywhere else to live due to the housing shortage.It is so sad and heart breaking the stories you hear.I thought of using them maby for covid patients that don't need to be in ICU and taking some of the strain of our hospitals so other people who need hospital treatment can get it.I don't know how practable that would be.We need to use them for something now that we have built them.