FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi randomx I can't tell you of it has razor wire around it.I did drive past it when I took my daughter to hand in her resume in at the RSPCA which wasn't far from it.It looked really inspiring to me.Its not being used yet and it has 500 beds ready but the people it was for don't have to quarantine anymore.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
On another note about the quarantine facility I think the money would have been better spent on hospital and medical which we need more.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Paul and thankyou for your kind words.I really feel for you and your situation with your mother.It must be such a worry for you.My kindest thoughts to you.

Take care,

Mark.

Dave666
Community Member

So I’m feeling guilty and sad for taking a PCR test yesterday. My wife was due to catch with her friends today after a very long time. She fine and healthy but result came back positive yet I’m feeling better than ever. Just had a slight cough and headache yesterday which disappeared overnight but now I have a positive result my wife can’t go out and it’s not happy with me for taking the test.

Should I have not taken the test and just got on with life or did I do the right thing? I was just think g of my family and protect those I love but now my wife and o are fighting because I took the test so now she can’t go out. I was expecting support and not to be made out as a bad person for taking a test.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Dave and welcome to the forums and yes you did do the right thing taking the test and now you know not to go out and spread it.Its just so unfortunately for your wife who was looking forward to something had to cancel.Its just how it is at the moment with all the uncertainty.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Dave,

I'm in agreement with Matchy. The timing is unfortunate for your Wife's plans.

You've done exactly as has been directed: you had symptoms, & therefore, went for a test. You & your household are supposed to not go out while anyone in your household is infectious. This latest strain, Omicron, is highly infectious, even though it more often causes people to feel very sick.

Staying home keeps more people from being infected.

Perhaps if you & your Wife review the info, & what people are being asked to do, at your state's website, then maybe that will help you through the argument? I don't know.

Perhaps she is more upset about not being able to meet up with friends? How long has it been since she met up with them? I can see her perspective, if it has been a very long time, & these are very close friends.

& bearing in mind how very stressful these last two years have been for everyone. & it ain't over yet.

My thought is that any pretence or denial of the reality of COVID-19 is at the very least, not helpful, & at worst, potentially devastating for those nearest & dearest, or to the most vulnerable people in the community.

mmMekitty

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry your wife is upset buy you did the right thing. It's not your fault you tested positive. Your wife could also be asymptomatic and could have given it to her friends. I'm sure they'd rather postpone the catch up, another week or 2 won't hurt. I had it last week. I was meant to be on annual leave, changed it to sick leave. It was a hot week, couldn't do anything with kids as it's school holidays, couldn't see my partner who also had it & has a pool. It's just how it is. You did the right thing.

Cmf

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My doctor's surgery dosnt give me much confidence in them with covid.I have had three text msgs from them in the last couple of weeks.The first one said I had to get a test to see them.The second one said they have closed their doors and the third one says you must show proof of vaccination to see them.I might find another doctor who wants to see their patients.I have physical health issues that need to see a doctor regularly about.

Hi Matchy,

Sorry to hear all that stuffing you around. I agree u need a dr that actually cares to see their patients. Way too many have just become coasting along on the telehealth for 2yrs since Covid made that an option. Same with the psychs etc. It doesn't sit well with me either. It is now greatly affecting my mh to not have that only face to face connection in my life. Good for you to take action to find a dr to see you face to face. I hope u find a good one. Keep trying until u find the right one for you.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks golden for your kind words.This doctor's surgery just does not seem to know what they are doing.The doctor's sent me a text saying boosters and children vaccines are now available so I rung them to see if I could book my son in but when I rung them they said we are not ready for the children's yet and put my name on a list and will ring back when they are.

They were trying to make my daughter do her pychologist appointment by telehealth last year.My daughter has selective mutism and this form of an appointment is a complete disaster for my daughter.I will only see people face to face for appointments.