FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

hey rx, crazy. every place so different. funny video recently from celeste barber about vaccinations here.. to explain situation to international ppl to understand whats happening in oz!

i dont evn know myself so found it helpful.

in America, most ppl have had covid... so hard to imagine... but the death toll is tragic. I dont know how to get my head around any of this. Im getting vaccinated soon as per doctor recommendations, hope it goes okay.

hi squire, it is hard to keep the chin up throughout cycles of lockdowns, unfathomable and confusing times... the sacrifices are enormous and ur anger is justified. it is so so crucial to prioritise mental health throughout this, to do whatever it takes to stay sane and mentally safe. and it isnt easy. i wish ppl spoke about this mor often, how important it is to take care of mental health during the pandemic.

al_ch
Community Member

It is sad but it is a pandemic, it's not over. Most of the world is in a transition from lockdowns to living with it.

The next few months will tell us where the world is going. Buckle up and let's hope for the best. I'm optimistic, as we can see here already how well vaccines are working in our most vulnerable.

In Melbourne we recently had a few cases in a nursing home and none of them died or suffered severly from it cause they were all vaccinated. There is definately hope and positive signs

Hi Hanna.

Yeah see that's the thing l suppose isn't it. So many countries have had massive death rates and what our guys are always on about here. Tbh l always have a little bit of trouble believing that;s what they're really concerned about here though tbh .

Hiya sleepy , yeah it is isn't it. Can't get my head around any of it anymore but here l can't help but think it's all just the good old Oz gov nannyism though these days tbh. Good luck with your vax , me too soon , well as soon as l can push myself to go do it .

Ho al/ Yeah the Uk have been through a lot through all this but thanks the Gods they're all seeing the sunshine now eh , gives us all hope too.

rx

Ezzi
Community Member

Hello. I'm relatively new to the forums and had been reading everyone's posts about the pandemic and their personal viewpoints:: fear, optimism and others things. Mmmnn. It's can be a rather conversational thread be to be on. I've read so much about vaccinations that i will add that I haven't had any vacs yet. Being so undecided isn't a pleasant situation to be. I really don't know what to do. Have done heaps of research about the pifzer / astrazenca/ moderna. Each of them has side affects in form or another. No, I'm definitely not an anti vaxer and do care for my well being as well as the well being others. I live right amongst of severe lockdown with curfews in Victoria.

Needleina
Community Member

Thank you for those words ‘together’. I think it’s important to realise we aren’t alone. I feel the people in my life want the best for me but I still feel alone cause I react so differently to how they do- it’s hard for me and my close ones to understand each other. I don’t get why they are so carefree and they don’t get my anxiety. I’m glad though they don’t have anxiety-wouldn’t want anyone to have it.
I’m booked for Friday 3rd September. I’ve counted the days to it, added 6 weeks for possible blood clots, then 6 weeks til the next one ( if it’s not given earlier which actually would reduce the length of my focused anxiety ) then 6 weeks for blood clot fear taking me to 7th Jan when I can breath again. This is the mindset I must get out of. Ha, if it were so easy lol. My anxiety of worrying of what can go wrong goes back as far as I literally can remember. I can recall such anxiety from around 6 years old. I’ve been doing it for near half a century. I’ve had a few periods of carefree times ( carefree in relation to my normal days) in my years. I do laugh. I do enjoy my life but I get so tired from the cloud. It does impact my life so much.

Hope your day is a relaxing one.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

hi Ezzi, thats okay to be scared, i feel the same.

its important that no one here attacks each other for being unsure etc, and tries to convince others to agree with them. honestly, have empathy to all those who are struggling wht the choice.

i hear you ezzi, thats okay to be unsure and i hope no one will judge or scream, as this thread has at times gone into judgemental territory, there re many who support, care and are open to support ppl in the covid times, which is what the thread is for!!

Hi Sleepy21

Yes, I too don’t judge if people vaccinate or not. If you do decide to follow your Drs advice and get a vaccination I’m guessing after it’s all done you will feel relief. Least that’s what I'm hoping for myself. Once that injection is in it can’t come out, so it has to be forward and on steps. I am stressing about it big time as I guess you’ve sensed. Least here we have the sounding board without judgement about decisions. Treat yourself well .

thanks needleina,

when ppl have fears/worries/concerns there is usually a reason.

Today i got so angry and upset at a rude tradesmen banging on my door - so it could be lookd on like i am weird or out of control, but really ive had bad PTSD and get scared about ppl in my home.

If ppl listen enough and try and understand different view points, with respect, everyone will feel safer.

I hope i do feel better after the jab, its booked for a few weeks out so i havent thought about it too much but before it itll likely hit me.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Needleina..

I was so scared of getting the vaccination..my poor Dr..everytime I made an appointment to it I backed out...that’s was 3 times..then I made a promise to my Dr..That next appointment I will get in....Not one to make promises lightly...I did have it..and I do feel better within myself knowing that it’s in my system now and not coming out...It’s been just over a week since I had my first jab...first thing I said was yay I done it....It is scary but more scarier is the COVID virus...but it up to each individual as to if they want it or not...I have underlying health issues so it was better I got the jab.....still one more to go in November...

Sleepy, I’m sorry that happened to you...It would have been frightening to have someone knock loudly on your door....I hope your okay...

I can’t have anyone I don’t know in my house unless I have someone I know and trust with me....

Hugs dear Sleepy and anyone who needs one..🤗

Grandy..