FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Mk2692
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi pl515,

I agree with you. It can be quite challenging having a Telehealth consultation because of connection difficulties. It is hard to see your counsellor, engage the same way you usually do and feel connected. I know some clinics do offer both Telehealth and face to face consultations. Check with your counsellor if face to face consultations are offered, if it is not the case, let the counsellor know about your concerns and see if there is a better approach to help you feel more connected in the session and give you the results you are looking for.

All the best

Tozzy
Community Member

Hey Sophie

felt better just writing it and they were heaps nice at the vaccination place.

Thanks, feel much better, even though can't sleep tonight. Hope sleep better tomorrow.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

is it really lockdown again in victoria?

i just got the news as i was booking a social-work appointment... i had ABSOLUTLY NO IDEA

i've been in my bubble i guess, and that's kind of scary how these things change so quickly and u have to observe it aggressively

i thought that we were doing okay, just yesterday heard about 0 cases and was feeling good.

I know it's controversial, but i'm not so supportive of what is happening now. i know they're trying their best but it's feeling very hard to have everything going from open to closed in days, it seems the slow vacine roll-out is a huge issue here. I dont get what is going on and why we are in this vulnerable state. I send from the bottom of my heart a bg hug to anyone who is feeling tormented by lockdown news. *Sigh* This stuff isn't easy.

hi Sleepy,

yep, sorry to say you are right. I just checked the news - you guys in Vic locked down for 7 days from 8pm tonight.

All I can say is - here for you online - reach out to us all here 🙂 I am so sorry for you. I agree with you. I phoned Covid lines and said I cannot take even 1 more lockdown. They have no idea and no care for those of us all alone. Talk as much as you need Sleepy x and everyone in Vic and other lockdowns. Just a matter of time until us in SA are due for another one too no doubt... the MH consequences outweigh all this

Is this what our lives will be now? To be in and out of lockdown? Is this really the only way to go? To constantly let us live on the edge? I get so anxious just having to make plans since i don’t know if it will be cancelled.

whether we have enough vaccinations or not, it’ll still take a while for at least 50% of the population to be vaccinated with both doses. They can only administer so many people a day and we are supposed to go in and out of lockdown until then? Are we aiming for zero cases or to just flatten the curve? Its upsetting to see other countries opening up and we are still stuck? I feel I’ve lost 2 years of my life.

I think many people are becoming defeated. It’s not because they are selfish, people are just exhausted.

Guest_1584
Community Member

Yep , afraid so, another one for Vic.

But l'll never forget the main one and 750 a day and one things for sure , Dan hasn't either and he doesn't wanna end up there again you can bank on that.

l don't know though , none of us do but are they all just trigger happy now or what , you know, is this just trigger happy , it's all becoming a bit of a blur and hard to know anything much with it all anymore.

Keep seeing OS stuff and countries still open , even traveling, with 1000s a day , hth do they manage if we can't even manage with 8 and other states shutting down for 1 and 2.

Hands in air.

rx

Dear Luna and others...I cannot take this any more. Friends who have been strong compliant and law abiding are coming out and saying similar.

We are living as prisoners..if not literally then certainly mentally. We live in a police state where a doctor unelected by the people controls..literally..each move we make.

You win Gov't....we are ready to surrender. You have finally broken our spirits. People have suicided due to the huge losses they have suffered..How much more proof do you need ? You have taken our freedom...the freedom our soldiers fought and died for during two world wars....Lest We Forget....and we wont forget this oppression either.

hi Moon,

I posted on our other thread too. I can't take it either. I am alone. Hardly following the news so as to 'protect' self. But u can't avoid it. I don't know what has happened to the world, especially our 'nation' in the last 18mo. I do not understand it anymore. I do not relate, or feel a part of it anymore. I am one of those alone that are not considered and fall thru the cracks with MH worsening in this time due to lockdowns and no supports or stop/start supports due to lockdowns. You are right about suicides. It is the real pandemic. That young home and away actor tragically was due to lockdowns.. I guessed it when I heard. What about him? Does he not matter too? But the media keep all this silent as they push their fear of Covid. And the spin to create drama and fear. eg when it is a young person, they create a monologue - which is not even the truth as the family come out with the truth. But when it is elderly ppl, they don't even give us that - just the number of 'Covid deaths'..you then research it to find out 5 elderly ppl for e.g. Obviously this is still horrible - but just the way the media sing the tune of the politicians and bureaucrats to push their fear campaign. Unfortunately ppl are either too ignorant or just exhausted, scared etc they just believe the narrative.

I have no-one to talk to of my distress, and opinions. I need discussion - for my brain, but also it helps to ease the anxiety that is created by all this fear spin. They say ring a helpline - but they all seem to be happy to go along with the media spin. Whenever I have phoned to try and state how I feel and how it is affecting me and my MH. I get met with their mainstream views being patronizingly talked over me. As if I am some idiot or disobedient. It actually makes me worse. I lose my brain - and give up.. more proof of what the world has become thru all this. If you happen to have a different struggle or experience thru Covid, and try voice your truth you are outcast. It is left or no way at all. I find it absurd that all these so called empathetic ppl - have selective empathy. I have seen the real selfishness of ppl come out in these 18mo. I have lost faith in humanity.

It has really also highlighted the difference between the mega wealthy, and sports stars and politicians etc and then the rest of us. It is not 'affecting' those in their mansions who hop onto their platforms to preach to us what to do (with no credentials). Lockdown in a mansion is not lockdown.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

hi golden... i know what you mean

lockdown where u have a stable income that is entirely unaffected (or milliosn in savings), while hard, is copmletely different, ppl fly through certain cities and quarantine there so they can have their needed holidays. (my friend sad not to judge, she'd probably do that too if she could...I dunno...)

My family member who has a lot of wealth complains to me a lot about really really marginal stuff, she seems to find lockdown hardest of all... because she can't go to the shop she likes beyond 5k. I know everyone's different, but sometimes i feel like saying - coud she even imagine how fearful and horrible i feel when lockdowns are announcd, shopping is the last thing on my mind, i'm literally scard how i'll survive and be okay and a human thorugh all this. it is painful to hear her complain about not being able to go to her favourite fruit shop outside of 5k.

sorry to hear that Sleepy. I think that is super insensitive of her to say re the 5km fruit shop.. regardless, but especially given that your struggles thru this time are so much more profound than that. I wonder what she would say if you told her even one eg of your struggles?? If it is even worth trying to enlighten her? Some ppl live in a different reality, full of their own self-importance and no empathy. Or should i say lots of ppl. You are the better human being 🙂 I hope u find some nice movies or tv shows to watch in this week. I am thinking to get a Netflix or something to have at the ready for our next lockdown. Wouldn't have a clue how the things work though, and not keen on sitting watching stuff, but i guess it is a good fallback rather than just my thoughts. Thinking of you thru this time 🙂