FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Hanna3
Community Member

Thanks Mimsy,i think Sam's sweet too but nice of you to say so! It was his birthday today he turned 10! 😊🎂🎉🐾

Not sure if you are a he or she? Do you have any family that support you or friends?

I'm in regional Nsw. Very cold snowy winter's here and hot summers which I don't like so much!

I've found it hard to break in and make friends here but have made some good friends on BB!

There is a gaol here and the prisoners train military assistance dogs. They're amazing. We see them walking around all the time and it's great for the men to do something useful and also bond with their dogs.

How do you fill in your days? Any special interests?

Hope you're going OK today 🙂🐾🌻

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes Hanna it's very cold here too, we're without heating now so it's chilly!

Hey Mimsy, welcome to the forums. I'm glad you have a dog and hope this one works out well for you.

We now have an extension to our lock down and it's like the rising pressure is tangible.

I'm sad to see us falling prey to repeating history with divisions in our Community.
Knowing that extreme hatred is being expressed is extremely concerning.

BUT I can only control and influence what's in front of me in my little circle of the world.

My work has become untenable / unmanageable BUT my boss accepted some changes to be enforced and will meet with other bosses tomorrow to disperse responsibilities in a more equitable manner.
I hope it works!

I'm grateful for my Counsellor who has ever so gently walked me through a trigger I couldn't understand.
She found the root causes in one appt and my healing of THAT particular reaction in my self.

Thankyou to ALL the MH professionals and support people and everyone here on BB for reaching out to support others.
It's SUCH a loving and altruistic endeavour.

Many Blessings
EM

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello to you all,

My quarantine ends on Monday. If my last Covid test is negative I can return to work on Tuesday.

When I was told I had to be in quarantine at home for 2 weeks I didn't like the idea at all. I struggle being home in general. Thankfully it has not been raining continuously so I have been able to go outside.

Through these forced 2 weeks at home, I have appreciated our home and garden fir the first time in ages! I feel more comfortable inside now as I have had to be here. So in a way it has been a blessing.

I have also realised that as a child when stuff was going on in the house, I used to run away. We lived in a small country town so being away all day even as a young child was thought of as acceptable. I have acknowledged that has been my way of coping, running away, spending time outside, not being indoors where I felt trapped.

Now I have the dilemma of returning to a work place where people seem to think it is okay to take their frustrations about COVID rules out on me. My headaches have reduced immensely since I have been at home!

I should be thankful I have employment, just pull my socks up, put my suit of armour and my mask on and just get on with it.

Cheers to you all from Dools

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dools

Thank you for sharing your news and the salient reminder to always look for the silver lining.

Thank you and all the others in isolation for your community service. Your sacrifice matters and is appreciated.

Kind thoughts to you

Mimsy19
Community Member

I'm female. Mimsy is what my brother called me when we were little, it's short for Miriam.

I'm currently filling in my days by learning C++. I don't like pointless activity, and learning C++ will be a very useful and employable skill down the track. I'm playing the long game 😀. No friends, but my mother helps me out by buying my groceries so I don't have to use the online supermarket thing with delivery, as you need to spend a minimum amount that is way higher than what I'd usually spend.

SingleMum123
Community Member

I just resigned from my job I had only been in for 2 months. I was full-time and I was grateful that I could go part-time to manage remote learning at home too during the lockdowns.

However with my reduced hours, they only allowed me one short break in the middle of a 5 hour day. I had a customer service role answering calls and my body was not coping for extended periods of time without moving. I felt confined to my chair and I started feeling really anxious.

My GP said to leave and I feel a bit better for giving my notice. I really hope I can find something else soon. It will give me a chance to find something a lot more suitable.

I believe the situation was a lot harder because of the lockdowns and having to work from home. I need to be around people and I felt very isolated and lonely.

Things can only go upward from here.

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mimsy19

I'm not sure what C++ is I'm sorry.

Have you thought about starting your own thread on BB? That way people can easily find you to chat with. On the coronavirus thread you're can be easily missed.

I hope you are going OK 😊

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

C++ is a programming language.

Struggling to get motivated today. SE Qld went into lock down today (again). I will be getting my first shot of the vaccine today as well so drinking lots of water before hand.

hi all

thanks smallwolf i also had not heard of C++. 🙂

Good luck today with ur vacinne shot, smart that ur drinking water before.

sorry to read about the hard times for SA at the moment.

This virus is so bumpy. So many ups and downs. I find little things upset me a lot more in lockdowns, i feel mor sensitive overall and breaking a plate or the fact that i cant get this stubborn stain out of my jumper.... i feel mor likely to overreact and feel like it's the end of the world. i guess for me my nerves are shot

very cold here lately, icy

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi everyone...

I get my first astra Zeneca vaccine on the 10/8...Covid hasn’t been around where I live..but my Dr wants me to have it anyway as we get a lot of travellers through our town..,.

People just don’t listen or know how to obey the lockdown rules....My neighbours son arrived today from a strict lockdown..don’t leave your local general area....So he drives over 380kilometres and doesn’t get caught...Does he even care what he has done is so wrong....Doesn’t he care about his mum.....We are less then 200 people in this village...it will only talked one person to potentially infect everyone here.....

Why don’t people listen?....no wonder it’s spreading!..

Grandy..