FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Bad habits. Strategies & Remedies

Jolly_Chaplin
Community Member

Psychological, and difficult to change. But there's hope.

It'll take some picking of your brain. Note taking, and possibly further understanding of yourself.

Sometimes it comes down to will power alone.

It's also important to realize what works for you, and what doesn't.

It's important to analyse your life situation and what causes you to do what you do. Knowing the reason for your habit can be a good start, (if you don't already know).

Finding what triggers you is also very useful. What you expose yourself to will become part of your subconscious. Big thing here is the images you see. Be careful what you're fueling your mind with. Our choices are very much based on how we view the world, so it only makes sense that by changing what we think about, we can change what habits we have. It's about directing focus to something else long enough to override the urge to continue a bad habit.

Giving it up completely = Challenging, but possible.

Giving it up, AND REPLACING it = more effective.

Strive on everyone. Good luck.

Contact me if you need advice. Cheers. - Chris

1 Reply 1

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chris,

I think you can help me with my problem (well it is not a very big problem) but it is still a problem. Hahaha!
But anyway back to the point. I have this addictive personality. Whatever I do, I take it to the extreme. I would like to share some examples of my life with you. I used to be overweight and fat. I got bullied at school and even dacked. That tore my self-confidence. I mean like when I was fat and overweight my body language was different, my walking style and my overall look were an amusement to the bullies.

So after my graduation. I seriously decided to do something about my weight. But I did it properly. Actually, I always had a small dream when I was in my teens about having a ripped body with 6 packs. I did fat loss and then achieved my 6 packs. But here is a problem, I took it that extreme where I became extremely underweight (from the third perspective it might seem like an eating disorder but I never did vomiting, binge eating - I just followed the process religiously). I don't know it just happened. Whenever I would be in the gym, the gym environment just sucked me in. Hours went by just like that. So when I got my blood tests - they were like someone had done chemotherapy! I had also lost a lot of muscle during the process and my immunity went extremely down. So now I hope you kind get the idea about my addictive personality.

Currently, I am eating properly now. In fact, I am bulking up now, gaining muscle. Again, like I said I have an addictive personality so I am always one end or the other. Sorry for the long story but I thought since you took the initiative to open this thread - you could help me (because I am really shy about initiating the thread).
Exercise and bodybuilding are one of those examples. There are plenty more.
What would you suggest? I am open to ideas. By the way, I have my mental health plan with the psychologist and will be seeing him/her in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to hearing your response.