FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

A Bouquet for Pearls - share your appreciation for other members

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Every now and then, members share a beautiful Pearl of Wisdom. How often do you think to yourself; "OMG that's great! I wish everyone could see this."

Presenting someone with a bunch of flowers is a generous way of acknowledging their insightful words.

I hope this thread stays active through members giving out praise regularly to people they feel deserving, and therefore keep generosity of spirit alive within the pages of BeyondBlue Forum.

My bunch of Red Roses (my choice) goes to Wishful for the following sentence;

• 'Personally, I see no reason to be praised in me, but I'm learning that seeing through the eyes of others can be more accurate!!'

I so hear you Wishful. Just beautiful...

1. Try to keep your leading comments short to focus on 'their' words.
  2. Choose specific flowers (or a gift if you like) to present to them.
  3. Sign off respectfully and sincerely.

I hope this takes off...

Spreading the love...Sara

715 Replies 715

You're welcome Sleepy and thank you for the welcome back. I understand, compliments are hard for me to accept too.

Thank you also quirky.

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi all, I was just browsing through the forums and found this thread again, I think we should post in it more.

There's too many members I'd like to say thanks to and I'd have to get the usernames, but I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has replied and been kind to me on here.

Hi mb20lover,

I agree with you. This forum is overflowing with people who care so much for others.

So many people deserve acknowledgement.

Thanks to everyone who reaches out to others. Cheers from Dools

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

I agree doold and mblover, people are so kind.

I have noticed

People on their first post using it to help others

people who even though they are low on their own thread still find time and energy to support others.

People who drop into longer threads regularly just to say hi and see how people are.

People who have endured so much pain and heartache yet are willing to talk about it to others.

People who are struggling but keep posting and asking questions

People who dont post but read other people's post

People who are always ready to listen and support

People who find it hard to find words but still reach out

I am sure there are other behaviours on the forum I have missed out but many people fit into more than one of the categories.

Agreed quirky

My thanks and appreciation to the new people who have posted or taken the time to read the forums

If we didn't have new posters becoming involved the forums would strugg

ypla
Community Member
I just want to say thank you for saving my life. I didn't realise I left mobile data on, and when things were about to go bad, i saw an email asking for a chat. Thanks for saving me from being a number on the news.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ypla

Thankyou for your heartfelt post. Our moderators are super caring people who reach out to the many people doing it hard. You mentioned on another thread about being scared. I replied and understand where you are coming from

You are stronger than you think....If we didnt have new posters like yourself the forums would cease to exist. It takes a lot of strength to post on a national forum ypla. It took me weeks to get the courage to post when I joined Beyond Blue in 2016

you are amazing

my kind thoughts

Paul

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
thanks grandy i'm loving ur new thread on small achievements- thanks to u and happiest birthday!

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you so much Sleepy...I’m so pleased that you love the small achievement thread...and your happiest birthday to me.....