FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Moving Out Soon

L3js97
Community Member

So, I have the plan of moving out soon. However, I have no money and my parents are extremely strict, so I can’t obtain a job. So strict in fact, I hide the fact I am an atheist and gay and have been doing so for a long time. Their cultural values of marriage and ideas of women hinder me and I feel so trapped in life. I must also get away from my homophobic community which has ostracised me. It is soo draining on my mental health. I must assert my independence soon. I would love to make friends and gather support from all of you. One day, I hope to choose my own family. But for now, I’ve got my dreams and goals. 

1 Reply 1

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi L3js97,

Welcome, and thank you for sharing some of your story with us. I am sorry to hear how difficult things are for you right now, but this is a safe and non judgemental environment for you get the support you need. I would suggest having a look around the forums and join in conversations that interest you.

I hope you find connections here that will be of help to you.

Take care,

indigo22