FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mental Health forum LGBTI

Incognito_Journey
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Can't the world just all get along, has it always been this nasty?
3 Replies 3

Incognito_Journey
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I did an lgbt survey around 7 months ago. I found that 80% of lgbt people who’d taken the survey (out of around 2000 if I remember right.... could be more.... had suicidal thoughts or had attempted suicide. That’s a terrifying stat. Take of each other. I’m always here to talk 💕Stay strong everyone.

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Incognito Journey,

I’m not 100% sure what your post is about, but I can certainly hazard a guess...

In any case, I too wish that the world could get along...wouldn’t it be lovely if there was compassion, understanding, tolerance, respect and peace in this world? Sigh...

Kind thoughts to you,

Pepper

MaxineC
Community Member
Hi Incognito Journey, you're right it is an alarming number. There's a lot of suffering out there, but I also see a lot of strength and resilience. For queer people reading this, and looking at those numbers, please don't think it is inevitable that you will be depressed or suicidal just because of who you are. You are an individual, with much to contribute to the world and the people around you. Struggle is a part of life, and some of us have more of it than others. It may not always seem like it, but there is meaning to be found in the struggle, and opportunities for growth. Those of us who have grown up different see the world in a unique way, and I can't imagine what it would be like to be the same as everyone else. Take care all.