FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do I tell if i'm bisexual, pansexual etc.

ImaStayAnonymous
Community Member

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl and I was wondering about different sexualities. When I was younger, I used to get crushes on boys, but for the past year I haven't had feelings for any guy. Recently I've been wondering if I have feelings towards girls, there are two girls that I think I might have had feelings for this year but I find it kind of hard to tell...

I feel like when I like a guy It's easier to realise cause I go from thinking their annoying to liking them and its usually pretty clear. The two girls I mentioned earlier are my friends but I find it hard to realise if I actually have feelings for them or if I'm just liking them as a friend.

I was wondering if anyone has anyone could tell me what it might feel like to like a girl?

Im sorry if the wording in what i've written isn't correct 🙂 Also just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to realise how I feel or something else like that.

Sorry if this is confusing but I'd appreciate any advice a lot.

3 Replies 3

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ima welcome lovey. Good on you reaching out for advice ☺

It can get quite confusing can't it, I understand you wanting to know.

I don't know if I'm right but I'm wondering if it's possible you might be bi sexual as you've crushed on boys too.

I think the feelings you're having towards some girls could either be ...

• Maybe some clouded uncertainty as you're at an age where your worlds opening to exploring more mature relationships on another level.

• Possibly you're having feelings of insecurity towards blokes with so much going on mentally in our teen yrs which puts our emotions into overdrive.

• Having feelings of comfort & security from girl friends might feel a safer option

• You might be at a point in your life that you want to explore possibilities.

• Or yes you're interested in girls which is absolutely fine

Hun be careful not to put too much pressure on yourself about not knowing, there's no hurry at all.
You don't want this to pull you down. It's not worth the energy.
I really hope it's not stressing you at all because in time it'll become clear to you.

No need to answer anything you're not comfy with. I'm wondering in reply to your questions if with the girls you're feeling that you would like to be intimate? If so then possible you might be liking girls.

Can't remember the exact wording but you might be going through try sexual which is finding your way.

You're always welcome to talk here darl and also you might find help at Kidsline too.
They help up to 25 yrs of age I think.
Ph no: 1800551800.

Ok hun hope it all goes well for you.

Always remember there's no hurry ⚘

Hi I just wanted to say thank you so much for answering 🙂 your answer really helped and i feel much better now. I think I might be bisexual but I'm just going to take my time and work it out in a while. Thank you again for your reply, it helped more than you think

Hi darlin good seeing you ☺

Thanks for returning to say that, it was lovely to hear.

Take care darl ⚘