FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wish you were here.

avonsdent
Community Member

Hi.

I’m writing this thread with the sole purpose of letting my thoughts and feelings out.

They say that as adults navigating through life, we may lose the people who we cherish deeply. And I get that. I really do.

But sometimes, I just think it sucks. Why do friendships have to end? How did we go from talking to each other almost everyday to barely acknowledging the other’s presence?

It just hurts you know. The people I used to tell every single detail of my life to has no idea how bad I’ve been struggling with uni, or how excited I am for the coming months. The people I used to make plans with now makes plans for their future without a shadow of me in it. The people I used to cry to now are the reasons for my tears.

Though I get it okay. I get that people do drift apart. And that they weren’t meant to stay in my life forever. I just wish that it didn’t end the way it did. I just wish that we knew when our last hangout was going to be. I wish I knew when we would have ended so I could tell you how thankful I am to have you as a part of my life even for the shortest time. I wish I could’ve told you how I much I appreciated you and that no matter what happens, you will always have a place in my heart. You will always be a beautiful memory. And I wish you happiness.

So to you, whoever is reading this, I hope you take this as a sign to tell or show the people who are currently in your life how much you appreciate them. Don’t wait for the time when all you have left are beautiful yet painful memories and a mind full of regrets.

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi,

Thankyou. A well explained piece.

That's why I prefer animals. Our little mini foxy is totally devoted to us.

TonyWK