FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wife accuses me to chat to other women, etc.

LastChance
Community Member

Thanks for having me here.

My wife and I had a major crisis some years ago. Her until then relatively mild passive aggressiveness got more frequent and intense. I suggested external help but she refused. Therefore, I started to research by myself.

She found my research and the fact that I chatted with other people. Mainly in forums like that and / of closed FB groups. We talked about it and that my intentions were looking up information, share experiences, etc.

Long story short, until today she thinks that I shared issues that should not be discussed outside the marriage and that I am chatting with women.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Last chance, 

welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. 
Are you saying it was your wife’s passive aggressive behaviour that caused a major crisis or did the crisis make crisis major..? 

i can see that you felt  to research by going on FB groups would help you get help for your relationship. You did so as your wife did it want to get external help, zI assume seeing a counsellor.

i understand  that you felt chatting with others on the forum who had similar experiences was research but your wife did not know you were doing this so she feels trust has been broken . 

i wonder was the major crisis helped by your experiences chatting to other people and on Facebook.

sorry for the questions but am trying to understand e

understand.

Did you ever consider seeing a counsellor talking to another qualified person before deciding on chatting on forums and in closed FB facegroups.

I feel you feel you were doing the right thing and she feels that you may have been airing your private issues on the forum. 

Thanks again for your post.