FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why do we let it get there!

bluewater
Community Member
I had a one night stand to begin with and then fell in love! Im stupid sadly I knew this couldn't work out and I became reckless and now I'm being ignored! Sadly at the time I craved attention and this person was what I wanted but had own issues and the feelings were one sided Gosh ive been through so much how do i just let this go. I've become the clingy person I dont even like. Texting. . I just want to stop! I've been told to use my block feature etc & think twice... none of this helps & I've lost way more important people in my life! This sucks
6 Replies 6

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi bluewater, totally understand the feelings that can come from a one night stand. Sometimes you do develop a crush or want to see them again even if they do not feel the same way. Do you know this person well? What have they been saying to you lately? Have you tried distracting yourself? Whilst it is hard when someone doesn't return our feelings, it's best to try and distance yourself from them and respect their wishes.

BballJ
Community Member

Hi bluewater ,

I feel this is where you need to distract yourself and do things to occupy your mind to help stop thinking about this person, are there any hobbies you enjoy doing at all? anything to really distract your mind. Maybe the block feature is a good idea to help move on from this person? I have been there when you fall for someone very quickly and it hurts when they do not feel the same way but that is apart of love and in time you will forget about this person as hard as it feels right now.

My best for you,

Jay

bluewater
Community Member

Thanks Jessica and jay.

I thought i knew this person although not everything obviously. It's easier said than done just forgetting.

I've got so much to do jay and I can almost guarantee this person won't mean much in time to come! It's the here and now & falling so hard & fast! What was I thinking, I guess I didn't think it could happen.

BballJ
Community Member

Hi bluewater ,

I have been there too, the heart does what it want and you can't help falling quickly sometimes... just need to use everyday to try and move on from them.

My best,

Jay

Hi bluewater, I feel like one night stands are easier said than done and it is easy to develop feelings. Keep looking after yourself and putting yourself first and you will find it easier to let go.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello Bluewater, I hope you are still checking your comment.
Whatever the circumstances were at the time, it was a date where the only intention was to sleep with you, nothing else, he pretended that he wanted to help you, but again there was a purpose, a reason that this happened, but in turn you believed that he was your shining knight in armour and yes he was but for only how long he wanted to do this.
The people you have lost are those who may not have even supported you later on in life, you can try and repair your r/ship or move on, and if it is repaired it won't be the same as before, decide whether or not you want this to happen, but from experience it never seems to work out. Geoff.