FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Who can I turn to?

Jorja25
Community Member

Hello

This is my first thread

I have suffered with depression for a couple of years on and off, this year (2017) has particularly been the hardest as my partner has been working away, due to his jealously and insecurity I've pretty much just stayed at home alone for most of the year, go to work, come home, go to work, come home, and spent countless weekends sitting around the house to the point of becoming a zombie, a few weeks ago I asked a good friend I work with if everything was ok as she had seemed distant towards me for a while, her response was that I'm "to much of a downer" to be around, and that I need to stop thinking of myself because everyone goes through hard times, I understand where she was coming from but I ended up crying in the car on the way home due to feeling that one of my good friends could be so cruel instead of simply asking "is everything ok.

About a week ago by partner pretty much said the samething, only he asked if he was the reason "I've changed" I said no because I don't want a fight, in some parts though it is.

After having a close friend of 5 years push you away and a partner of 3 years, who can I turn to?

2 Replies 2

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi and welcome

In answer to 1 question at least....you can turn to us here as you have just started doing.

I suffer anxiety and depression and have since I was a teen. At 47 people tend to laugh when I say I'm coming due for another breakdown ( cry for a few days, eat comfort food and watch movies) but it's my healthy way of dealing with things when I don't release.

If you haven't allready please go and see your GP and talk to them about what's been happening and how long you have been feeling this way. It can make a world of difference.

Yoh are not alone in how your feeling. It's ok. So so many of us here experience the same thing everyday..

HamSolo01
Community Member

Hi jorja25

It sounds like you are in a bit of a bad spot today

I hope it improves

People can get thrown off by our own declining moods. They often get tgrown and dont know to reply. I think its rough that friends have done that to you. I know it a bit.

The first step for you is to get professional help. This is essential. See your gp and possibly ask for a referal to see a psychologist

Its hard but worth it

I know from experience