FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Where to from here

brokenman81
Community Member

I don’t know where to start. I discovered my wife of almost ten years and mother of my two children was having an affair with one of my good friends. Who is also married with three children. I’ve seen text messages talking about sex and saying how much they love each other. Anyway, since it all came out, his wife tells me that he came clean about everything and is wanting to get counselling, etc, whatever it will take to save their marriage. My wife on the other hand, kept denying it was physical and gets angry with me when I ask her how long it’s been going on, when, where, etc. It seems like she wants me to play happy families for Xmas, for the kids, then it’s all over. I feel sick all the time, can’t eat and can’t sleep. I’ve had suicidal thoughts but the only thing keeping me going right now and wanting to try to work on it is my two children, they don’t deserve any of this. 

3 Replies 3

brokenman81
Community Member

Side note to add. I’m writing this on here, as I need to speak to someone. Only the parties involved know about this at the moment but it is killing me not being able to talk to anyone about it. I have booked an appointment with a doctor for this afternoon and hopefully he will give me something to numb the pain. 

You have made the first hard step to see a doctor. Well done. Take one day at a time 

Thankyou for the support. Doctor has given me medication which allowed me to get some sleep for the first time in 4 days. He tells me next step should be marriage counselling, if my wife is willing to participate. I’m still not convinced that the affair is over, or even if it has happened before this. I tried to look at her phone last night but she has changed the pass code on it.