FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

When things couldn't get much worse!

Paullus
Community Member
As if coping with depression and anxiety isn't enough, I go and get myself involved with a bloody sociopath over three years and finally get the courage to end it. Why the hell does low self worth throw you into the arms of a manipulating abuser. I'm so bloody angry at myself for being so weak minded. Sorry, just venting and a little distraugut.
3 Replies 3

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Paullus. I can't speak from personal experience, but I know lots of people who stay with others due to low self esteem. Please don't be down on yourself for this. Sometimes it takes us time to see our true value of ourselves, and what we deserve in life. Love and happiness. If you couldn't get it with your partner, then it is a good thing you have ended it. I wish a lot of the time I could change things, but thats hindsight for you. Try remember that there is nothing we can do to change the past, yes we can look back in frustration and wish we could change it, but then we are living in the past and not focusing on the present and future. Try think of all the things you can do by yourself know what you are free and happy.

Sorry if this is not the best advice. I did my best. I am glad you have come here to vent because this is a safe non-judgemental space and this is why the forums are here 🙂

MP

ewart
Community Member
Thanks for your reply MsPurple, I appreciate your words. I do try and live in the moment and not stress over past events, but I regard myself as an intelligent, articulate person who somehow plunges to a low level of self regard even though I think myself a decent and caring human being. Not to worry, the journey continues. Kind regards.

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
HI ewarts. Thanks for your kind words 🙂 Although I try not over think the past, as a person with GAD and someone who is a worrier it does pop into my head know and again. I try remind myself that the past is done and I can just do my best to move forward. It is hard to not over stress over past events but practice makes perfect. Yes the journey does continue 🙂 MP