FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What are the chances she will come back?

clintoff
Community Member

Hi, 

My girlfriend broke up with me via letter. We were together for 3 months. I fell in love with her as a person and would regularly tell her that, refer to her as beautiful, amazing etc. Her, her friends and colleagues as well as her psychologist all made mention of how much happier I made her life. She said that I was the best thing to ever happen to her, she could only see me in her future etc. It went from that to receiving a letter saying that being intimate made her feel depressed because I was taking too long and therefore it meant I didn't enjoy it because she wasn't attractive etc and she can't trick her brain into thinking anything different. She hasn't deleted me off social media but for my own personal improvement I limited seeing what she posted so I can focus on me getting past the hurt (I know it takes time as I have dealt with a mother with mental health issues but I also know how to separate the person and the mental health).

What are the chances of her rekindling how she felt after she gains control of her thoughts? How else can I support her? I have set the relationship aspect aside because I know it will only cause more problems and do more damage to her progress. 

Thank you 

2 Replies 2

Guest_1584
Community Member

You could try writing her a letter from the heart , could you still get one to her. Just explain that no she had nothing to do with things and of how much you feel for her and desire her and anything else that you'd like to say. lf you did l'd then just leave it with her and her thoughts for awhile, give her time to work it through which could take a few days or wks but you may hear back from her when she's figured it all out.

Good luck.

rx

Thanks randomx. I was thinking of leaving her be to work through it in her way. I sent her mum a message thanking her and the dad for making me feel welcome and a part of things and sorry it didn't work out between her daughter and I said what I thought of their daughter how amazing she was and a great mother and hoped that she gets the help she needs at this time and that the family will be there to support her and left it at that. 

I have also messaged her saying that I was thinking of her and hoped she was doing better and reminded her that I was there if she ever needed me. I've left it at that for now so as not to smother her. I just wonder how anxiety and depression work when people return to their normal baseline, do they go back looking for the safety and security they felt?