FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Trying to find a way

Lyndsay101
Community Member
I am feeling so alone in this world. My relationship has foundered and I have lost a feeling of family, love and security. I am living on my own and due to a chronic illness I cannot work. I have two beautiful dogs and without them I would surely crumble. I am thinking of volunteering for the aged in my area but don't seem to have the confidence in doing that either. I don't have many friends and the ones I do are all busy with their own lives and families and I don't want to burden them with my feelings of rejection, failure and loneliness. I wanted to get on this site to listen to others in my situation and to learn from them how to cope and ultimately be able to help others with this issue. I have clinical depression for which I am on medication for but feel that it is not helping on some days when it really is bad. Just to have a connection to others is something I need to help me through these days. I would welcome any and all replies and helpful suggestions for my situation.
1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lindsay, welcome to beyond blue forums

You certainly are not alone. I wouldt like you to take some time to use the search facility above and type in any of the following threads that might connect with you. Even if you just read the first post of these threads.

Depression- is there any positive?

Meltdown, back to basics

Being positive- what's the secret?

When all is lost what can you do? be radical

Getting depression into perspective, please read this- it might help you

Confidence- how do you get it?

Depression- a ship on the high seas

Good luck Lindsay. we are listening to you and we are here to help.

Tony WK