FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Trust your partner

Lizer
Community Member

Hi guys

just wondering how to trust your partner / husband after he’s been cheating on you with prostitues and short term affairs .

please help don’t know what to do πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lizer,

welcome to beyond blue.

I am very sorry you are in this position whereby our partner appears to be continually cheating on you. It also sounds like you are very committed to your marriage as well.

It is easier to see evidence of something when you have to do something like keeping your room clean. But stopping something from happening (taking it away sort of) is more difficult. In this situation, it is a bit like the question

how long is a piece of string?

We are all different. What one person might not sit right for you, or vice versa. You said that you don't know what you do. Sounds like there are few thing on your mind about this. Do you want to share any of these thoughts here?

Tim

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Lizer, and a warm welcome to the forums.

You have asked a good question, but also not an easy one to answer, but I am so sorry you need to ask it because of trust in a marriage/relationship is something we always and can except, if in doubt then counselling both together and also individually I can only advise you to do.

I can't tell you what to do, just suggest from my experience but honesty and communication in a marriage/relationship is imperative.

I really hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.