FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Toxic mother

BC16
Community Member

Hi, 

I’ve recently decided to cut my mother out of my life for numerous reasons but mainly mine and my family’s mental health. The thing is I actually haven’t said it to her and now that I’ve blocked her today I’m not sure if I should respond to one of her numerous messages. I know whatever I say won’t sink in and she’ll have some excuse but I’m so angry that she spews all these lies and no one has ever pulled her up on it. That she thinks it’s ok to get my ex step father to start calling and texting when he hasn’t acknowledged my existence in 2 years. I’ve been doing better mentally but now I’m angry and I keep snapping at my wife and kids because I’m conflicted.

1 Reply 1

IAM_INKI
Community Member

Hi. I'm sorry to heat that and to know that you've been through a lot. I just want to let you know that I do understand your sentiments. I decided not to communicate with my mum for couple of years now. Had to do something in order to protect myself from her wrath. Really, it's sad knowing the mum that the universe has given to me is a person who is frigid, not capable to be a mum and a person who just thinks about herself and nothing else. When I'll be a mum, I swear not to be like her. I will do everything I can to love and take care of my family: my husband, future kids and pets.