FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tough Pregnancy/ Prenatal Depression

SilverLight
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues in early pregnancy. I'm only 6 weeks and 4 days and it's my second baby. I had extreme hypermesis with my son which put me in hospital twice. This time I've got a hematoma next to the baby that's causing bleeds, I'm recovering from surgery to have my appendix out and now the HG seems to be kicking in all within the last week. I've been having some serious mental health issues as a result of all of this. The baby was 100% planned and wanted. But now I feel like I don't want it and I wish I'd never fallen pregnant and feel like we've made a mistake... I hate myself for feeling like this because I really do want this baby... It's so confusing... I guess it's because we've had an excruciatingly difficult week 😭
2 Replies 2

OnemdayIllvisitEgypt
Community Member

Hi there!

I just want you to know that I felt the exact same way. I could have been reading my own story. I had started throwing up before I even skipped my period. It was also my second pregnancy. HG is not nice at all. It is so conflicting and confusing.

My only advice is that management is key. Get to your gp stat and try multiple things to keep it in check as best as possible You can on the advice of your gp take a mixture of anti emetics before you even feel sick.

In the end I was going into the ward every afternoon for a quick session on a drip with medication in it.

I spent so many nights in hospital before they decided to put the plan to 'top me up daily' in place it really impacted my mental health during pregnancy and after having my baby. If I'd known earlier it would've been a lot easier!

Know that there are plenty of options to keep the sickness at bay.

Speak to your antenatal clinic to get a social worker to line up some counseling and even some home help while you're struggling.

I hope it eases off for you xx

Anna84
Community Member
Hi,
I am currently 23 weeks pregnant but I felt exactly the same when I was in the very early stages of pregnancy. I was so sick. We planned this baby but I was also feeling regret about getting pregnant because of how horrible I was feeling.
Once I got to about 16-17 weeks pregnant my nausea just disappeared. I know that seems like such a long way away for you right now but it should get better once you reach the second trimester.
Sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope you start to feel better. I think the best thing you can do it just allow yourself to rest whenever you can and try not to feel bad about it.