FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tired

Marah11
Community Member
I feel miserable and lost. I want someone to talk too, but I don’t have any friends. I want friends but then when I have friends I just feel like it’s all a competition, and I can never win. I don’t feel good enough, and I can never act myself. My partner just left and all I wanted was some help. I want someone to care for me for a change. I feel so bitter and jaded, I always push people away. I feel so tired all the time, I just wana crawl into a ball for a week and hope I feel better. I can’t ofcourse.
3 Replies 3

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Marah11

Welcome and good on you for having the courage to post too!

After what you have been through it would be more than understandable to feel miserable and lost. I have felt the same... many times with the isolation and feeling alone too

Im sorry about your partner Marah.....that would be an awful place to be in

You are not alone....The forums are a safe and non judgemental place for you to post. Friends can be invaluable yet as you mentioned it also seems like a competition too....ugh. I understand where you are coming from

There are many people on the forums that are going through what you are now.....and it can be an awful place to be in for sure

I really hope you can stick around the forums as we can do our best where the TLC and support is concerned!

my kind thoughts

Paul

baet123
Community Member

Hi Marah,

Welcome to the forums and as Paul mentioned above it is amazing that you have the courage, bravery and willingness to reach out and improve your situation. That is something you should be proud of!

Sorry to here about your partner and that you are struggling at the moment. You will find on these forums that many people feel the way you do at present and collectively we are stronger. You can always talk to us, we do care and we are your friends! Please try and not be to hard on yourself.

May I ask why do you feel that you are not good enough? I can tell from your post and the way you express yourself that your extremely intelligent, thoughtful, resilient and caring. These are all amazing qualities to have and qualities I look for in my own friends.

Do you or have you seen or told any health professionals about how your feeling?? If you have been feeling these emotions for a while now, it would be a good idea to visit your GP and explore the possibilities or medication, a mental health care plan to see a psychologist or a counsellor. I think professional help would be greatly beneficial to you if you feel comfortable doing so and they will be able to provide you with a plethora of treatment/intervention methods. There are so many health professionals that care and would love to assist you on your journey!

I hope to see you around and look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,

Nick.

SteelBlue
Community Member

Hi Marah11

I'm new here too and about to post my first post and saw yours.

I too was enjoying having a caring partner while dealing with a series of life downturns, a separation, struggling to get a job again, etc and my caring partner ended the relationship this week.

Losing a loving supporter giving strength in hard times has destroyed me. I suppose you feel lost and betrayed like i do.

I'm new here so probably not qualified to welcome you but welcome anyway !!

Sharing the experience.