FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The person I finally wanted to spend the rest of my life with has cheated on me.

Bee1998
Community Member

I have been with my partner for almost four years now. 
I found out last week that when he went away to America for a work trip, that he tried to pursue another female behind my back. 
When I confronted my partner after finding out, he swore on his life and our relationship that nothing happened and he didn’t go through with anything. 
But I decided to message the girl myself today, and found out everything he told me was a lie. 
He invited her to his hotel room and made out with her and was touching her. 
I am not coping or dealing with that at all right now. 
I feel like giving up on my life. I have been hurt too many times. 
I’m 25 years old, and nothing has ever been easy for me. I finally thought I had found someone who was never going to hurt me. Someone I finally felt safe and happy and myself around. Someone I could trust and call home forever. 
I feel so sad and lost and hopeless. 

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hey Bee1998

Thank you for sharing here today. We are so deeply sorry that this has happened to you. It is completely understandable to be feeling those strong feelings of hopelessness, sadness and of feeling lost. When we are met with something so upsetting it can feel impossible to think of a way through it all. Treat yourself gently as you work through this - one step at a time. It can be a good idea to spend time around people who you feel safe and comfrotable with at this time; people who make you feel good about yourself .
If you ever feel like a chat - our Support Service would welcome your call, any time, on 1300 22 4636, or via webchat: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support  Thank you for sharing this and giving this community a chance to offer you their support.  

Take good care of yourself Kind regards,   Sophie M