FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Survivor of NPD Abuse and OCD Mother

Marlet
Community Member

I consider myself to be a survivor of two complicated family relationships - an abusive sister with NPD (who I'm not estranged from) and a mother with severe OCD (and likely other illnesses) who I have a complicated relationship with. As a result I have complex anxiety, occasional panic attacks and probably some anger issues. But I'm working on managing myself and making my life & other relationships healthy.

I am wondering if there are any others in a similar situation? I can't find anything about survivors of Narcissistic Personality Disorder abuse on here. I'd love to chat to others about how they cope with things like maintaining a relationship with a parent with extreme and untreated OCD? And how they cope with the fallout of having a close family member with NPD.

Thanks,

Marlet

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Marlet, welcome

Thanks for your post. I can identify with you very much in particular your mother and semi toxic sister. Maybe it's time to take control of your life more.?

I will include a list below of threads and topics you can google that might help. You only need to read the first post of each thread to get the picture.

Beyondblue topic BPD mother made me an emotional basket case

Beyondblue topic Emotional blackmail –likely extreme BPD

Beyondblue topic Defending yourself – don’t be an easy target

Beyondblue topic Depression and toxic people

I hope they help.

TonyWK