FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Support Group Post Breakup

SensibleSummer
Community Member

Hi,

I have just recently separated from my partner. We had been together for quite a number of year. Right now I'm feeling sad, helpless, unloved and unwanted. Would love to know if there's any support group (similar to AA) where I can meet and share experiences with other people who are in the same situation with me. Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Michelle2000
Community Member
Same boat here, its horrible, the physical and emotional pain from it is really hard to get through.. i dont have any friends either and its hard to try N reach out to old friends or aqatenses.. if there is anything out there id like to know to... im sure so many people would feel the same 😕

sobroken
Community Member
I wondered this too. A support group post break up could really be helpful but I was unable to find one besides online groups. I don't think some people truly understand the tremendous impact a break up can have on people's emotional and mental well being. Alot of people see break ups as sad and hard but you'll be ok in time you'll move on.

sobroken
Community Member
I wondered this too. A support group post break up could really be helpful but I was unable to find one besides online groups. I don't think some people truly understand the tremendous impact a break up can have on people's emotional and mental well being. Alot of people see break ups as sad and hard but you'll be ok in time you'll move on.

Im in the same Boat as michelle no friends or anyone to turn to.. Its a horrible pain.Trying to stop loving someone who doesn't want to be with you anymore.. a support Group would be great

Fanfalla
Community Member
I asked my partner to leave over a year ago but I am still struggling with sadness and depression and "what ifs". I do have friends and family but the sadness and loneliness persist. A support group would be wonderful. We just need to identify enough people in our own area to begin one. How do we do that?

Louelle11
Community Member

Same here, my breakup was nearly 6 months ago and I’m still finding it really hard. I feel the exact same feelings as you do. I’ve wanted to talk to people in the same position so we can help eachother

Iron_Forge
Community Member
same 2 weeks ago the wife of 17 years said she wants out, she just up and left along with our 9yo daughter, me alone in a 4 bedroom house with the dog and cat. my friends are her friends and don't feel welcome, my family (dads passed and mum and sister have drug and alcohol dependency issues) so no support there! ...reading all these posts..I just feel like giving every one a hug...yes I'm a BIG softy!