FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

So angry

Chris123
Community Member
So I think I have morning depression. I am the breadwinner and mum. I have a casual work that is barely feeding our family and husband is not looking for work, please ask him why because I cannot as it makes him angry. So this morning I woke up at 8am, kid woke up a bit early, at 7.30. Husband also woke up because kid woke up and I was working late last night so he did that. But when I woke up, I found the hisband eating breakfast but not the kid. Kid was watching him eating breakfast. I did hear the kid asking for egg for breakfast. Before he started cooking hia oats on microwave. So while he was standing waiting for his oats to cook, why couldn't he cook his child's egg? It is so confusing. The child is also his child not just mine? Can a man please explain to me why he only cooked his breakfast without feeding his own son? The child is 6 so he cannot cook on stove yet. Husband usually cooks him breakfast if I go out to work in the morning but it seems he doesn't think it is his job whether or not I am working if I seem tired? Why does he think I have to cook and do all the housework if I am around home even though I am the breadwinner?
2 Replies 2

Canopygod
Community Member

Hi Chris123,

sounds like he needs a good kick up the arse, I can’t tell why he’s doing it.

possibly laziness and feels it’s your job as you seem to do everything plus work.

Personally, I work part time and my partner works full time, she finishes at 5 every afternoon, 9 times out of 10 she has a cooked meal for her every night plus all the washing and cleaning is done.. Not an effort at all

Hi, welcome

Not all men are like your husband.

I suggest you get in touch with Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277

I hope you are ok.

TonyWK