FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sister Needs Help

Lolue
Community Member

My sister for a long time has always struggled in life from constantly doing courses and dropping out to repeatedly dating men with drug problems. It has reached the point where she is now 30 years old just out of relationship and with no job. Her latest relationship she had done cocaine with her ex. I am trying to be supportive but I am also frustrated as every advice I give my sister she immediately shuts down. She is currently in a cycle where she sees herself as a lost cause and compares herself to people her age from highschool who are now married with kids or compares herself to Instagram influencers. I want her to see a psychologist and to take a break from social media but she refuses. I'm unsure how to help her as she has been repeating the same cycle for the last 10 years.

Hoping I can find some advice in what to do in this situation 🙂

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

What a loving sister you are.

The secret hear that eludes your sisyer is looking at other couples her age. She should be thinking that she can launch herself into a nrw beginning, an opportunity not a disaster.

But you are indeed limited in what you can do.

I'd adopt a "less words, more impact" method and ask questions as a way of her finding a better life and future partner

-how are you going to avoid meeting someone doing drugs?

- if you need my opinion please ask

- do you think its a good thing you didnt marry the wrong guy?

Good luck

TonyWK