FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Single,CFS/OCD And Feeling Down.

Denv12
Community Member

Hi. I havent been in here lately.

I have cfs (chronic fatigue),mild OCD and living on my own.I cope at the best of times.I look after myself,things like acupressure and "Faster E.F.T". Its not so much the OCD its the cfs.I dont travel.I have to find things to do to get through a day. Good thing I have the internet. I dont own a car or have a drivers licence. I get everything home delivered.I see my neighbours in passing but I lack companions. I dont like living on my own.I do my daily budget and watch my finances so I stay in front.I guess I'm organised to some degree. I read a lot,self help books are always good.Got a few of those.

If you have CFS too and or OCD you're welcome to compare notes.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 Replies 7

solabear
Community Member

Hello Denv12,

I don't have CFS or OCD, but I thought I say hello and offer my support. How are you coping? You sound like you have things under control. It must be difficult not be able to travel and staying home most of the time. Do you go for walks? I'm here to listen if you need to rant.

Hugs from Sola

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Denv12,

I don't have CFS but I do have OCD and I know how that can run rampant on your life, it is very tough and I am currently in a massive OCD battle at the moment, feels like everything I do has some OCD tendency towards it. Like you I like self help stuff, I actually listen to a lot of motivational clips on YouTube, I suffer from anxiety as well so I find clips about anxiety and what not and listen and gain strength from them. These forums have helped me as well.

I am interested to know how OCD affects yourself? Mine is little things like double checking things are locked, having to have things in even or odd numbers. It almost becomes time consuming just having to worry about OCD things but that's the nature of it I guess.

My best for you,

Jay

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello Denv, with any type of depression, and anxiety comes under that label and so does OCD that is caused by anxiety, a symptom of this illness is that people do feel tired most of the time, sleep at any opportunity, day or night.
Can I suggest you google this 'can ocd make you feel tired' as there are many answers to your questions and I also want you to google 'desensitization', what this will do is gradually get you out of the house, it can be done by yourself, but better if you had someone assisting you.
These may seem to be rather drastic measures to help you, but I think they will benefit you, it won't be easy, but please come back to us. Geoff.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hi Denv, forgot to say that if you anxiety/depression you could have 12 hours sleep but as soon as you wake up, feel as though you haven't slept at all. Geoff.

Denv12
Community Member

Hi Jay.

OCD mainly stopped me doing things.And then there were the rituals.And the anxiety.Having chronic fatigue on top of all that made life hard. I use acupressure to help me get through a day.There are plenty of websites showing ailments that you can use acupressure for.They usually show diagrams too. Another thing I use is "Faster E.F.T", short for Faster Emotionally Focused Transformations". I think they were in the process of renaming it to avoid confusion with a technique called "E.F.T". You can find out about Faster E.F.T through a search,videos,step by step instructions,forums,video demos,etc.

Chronic fatigue Syndrome isnt anxiety related.

Denv12
Community Member

Hi Sola.

Thank you. Nice reply.

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Denv12,

That's interesting, are you using the acupressure for the OCD or to help with the chronic fatigue? just wanted to make sure I was correct. Faster E.F.T sounds interesting, how have you found yourself with using it? Have you had a positive reaction to it? I have never had my OCD treated to be honest, I pretty much just bare with it and try my best to not let it control me, but it's quite hard at the moment so I will try and look into those things that you have suggested.

How are you feeling today?

My best,

Jay