FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Relationships

SJC4Dalways
Community Member

Hi there my 43yr old son lives at home it's a struggle everyday for him to take responsibility for anything.its a struggle for me too I am a widower trying to keep my house maintained.i fear my son will lose any connection he has with his 3 kids.please help me I don't know what to do anymore 

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I can understand how challenging and overwhelming it must be for you, juggling your own responsibilities as a widower while also worrying about your son. It's natural to be concerned about the impact this may have on his relationship with his children.

I wonder ...

It might be helpful to have an open and honest conversation with your son about your concerns and the importance of him taking responsibility for his actions. Encouraging him to seek professional help or counseling could also provide him with the support he needs to address these challenges. If you can tell him about the impact this has on you and with empathy for his situation ...?

Also take care of yourself too.