FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Relationships with my family are falling apart

nahkiaius__
Community Member

Lately, I feel like all I do is make mistakes and do the wrong thing and can never improve my mistakes, even when my parents have told me literally millions of times what I am doing wrong and how I can fix it - I still can't manage to get better. It's now gotten to the point where my parents don't even want to talk to me anymore. I have had multiple breakdowns which trigger me to be motivated to get better and over the past few days I can see myself improving, but today I messed up hugely and it's back to square one. I feel like I constantly let my parents down and I feel like if I don't improve myself soon, it will be too late. My parents are getting older so this is making me motivated to help them more, I just am filled with regret about not being a better daughter to them growing up and for causing them so much stress and upset by my terrible behavior. I know this situation is entirely up to me to fix, but I'd just like any advice on how to go about fixing the relationships with my parents right now since we're not in a good place, and how to talk to them more if that even makes sense?

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 Reply 1

stormcloudz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi nahkiaius

I think it's amazing that after each breakdown you pull yourself together and improve! That takes lots of guts and self-knowledge! What techniques do you use?

I don't know enough about your relationship with your parents to know whether they are giving you good advice, or whether they really understand what you are going through. What are your thoughts on that?

Anyway, I would like to say welcome and its great that you have shared a bit of your story here. Please tell us more : )

You are among friends here.