FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Relationship anxiety when boyfriend is away

Kaseyg1234
Community Member

Hi, I’m looking for ways to cope with relationship anxiety when it comes to males going out/on boys trips. I totally know in my head that everything will be fine leading up to the days and then when it’s time for him to actually be away I just overthink everything and my anxiety turns into anger and I don’t understand why I keep doing this. I want to be the girlfriend that is ok with him going away and doing things without me I just cant seem to do it.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can help ease my anxiety and get through this week without turning into a crazy girlfriend.

3 Replies 3

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Ive got a few threads you can put in the search bar above. Just need to read the first post

Diistraction and variety

worry worry worry

anxiety, how I eliminated it

reply anytime

TonyWK

Michelle34
Community Member

Can I ask why you feel anxious that he is going away? Is there anything you're worried about? are you afraid of being alone?

I get anxious when my husband leaves. Basically I have an irrational fear that something bad is going to happen to me and no one will be there to help me and I won't be able to take care of my kids. One thing that has helped is planning things with friends for that weekend to try and take my mind off it. Also watching funny comedies on Netflix to take my mind off it. I don't know your situation but sometimes I will just straight up message my husband and say I'm feeling anxious and we'll have a good talk/message and it'll make me feel a bit better.

I know it sounds pathetic but I get so nervous that he’s going to do something or meet someone new. I know this all stems from my own insecurities and I’ve tried countless ways to get over it and try to trust him however I just can’t find that inner strength to do it