FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Rejection Hurts :(

MissTherese
Community Member

My partner of 3 years broke up with me two weeks ago, since then the pain of his rejection washes over me daily. I really thought he was the one...

I canโ€™t function, get out of bed or eat ๐Ÿ˜•

I just want to sleep all day...

he told me that I have a beautiful heart but that I have too many issues for him. I struggle with anxiety ๐Ÿ˜•

i miss him so much, the pain some days is unbearable.

anyone relate? Does this get easier??

5 Replies 5

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Miss Therese,

I want to welcome you the forum.

This is a caring place , friendly place full of supportive people.

I am so sorry for the way you are feeling. Break ups are terrible and one feels so awful and the feel of rejection seems overwhelming at times.

I can understand how disappointed and confused you feel when the partner whom you thought was the one, has left you.

Maybe he was not emionally ready to cope with your issues and maybe he was dealing with his issues.

The pain does get easier with time but at the moment you are grieving and in shock. give your self space and time to grieve the loss.

I think be kind to yourself and look after yourself by eating well and exercising and doing things you like doing.

If you like writing, get a journal and write down your thoughts and date them so you can so how you are progressing.

Now is the time to spend time with friends and family surrounding yourself with people who love and understand you.

Quirky

Thank you for your reply.

really appreciate it ๐Ÿ’

Hi! I am going through something really similar. Have you heard from your ex since? Iโ€™m so sorry this is happening to you. I canโ€™t eat or sleep or do anything either itโ€™s awful. I just want to go back in time when I felt safe and secure with being single is scary but I know we will get through it

Belle32
Community Member
This happened to me last week with my partner of 4 years. Iโ€™ve got to believe it gets easier and whatโ€™s meant to be will be. Try to spend the next few months working on you and being the best person you can be and good things will come

towalkon
Community Member

Hi Miss Therese

I know it has been a couple of months since you wrote. I am presently going through the terrible pain of a breakup and struggling with the loss.

How are you progressing since you wrote?