FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Recently Seperated

Gaz67
Community Member
I recently seperated from my wife of 29 years, I just fell out of love with her. We tried different things to rekindle it but it didn't work. I'm really struggling with it way more than I thought I would, I'm constantly breaking down, feel down & really hate when I'm alone. We are currently still living in the same house as I can't afford to move out & niether can she so that is making it hard
6 Replies 6

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Gaz, I'm really sorry that you have separated from your wife after 29 years and living in the same house isn't easy.

When I come to think of it that's what happened to me after 25 years, we both lived different lives, so I understand what you have told us is difficult because you aren't sure whether to cook for two or just for yourself.

If I could offer you a couple of suggestions to try and help you as you may need someone to talk to like your doctor, who may organise some counselling for you, but one place you could visit is Mens Shed, where a group of men gather together, talk and make or repair kids toys.

It's a place where you can go and relate how you are feeling and improve your health with these male members.

I'd really like to hear back from you Gaz.

Geoff.

Gaz67
Community Member

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply, yeah it's been a lot harder than I ever thought it would be.

I have talked to a counsellor this morning online & that was a massive step for me to take & it has helped, I will be doing it again for sure.

I've had a look at mens shed here in Adelaide & there is only a couple & one is for vietnam vets but will keep looking to see if I can find anymore

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Gaz, you could also try MensLine Australia on 1300 78 99 78, or copy and paste these in your google search bar

-https://mensline.org.au/about-us/useful-links-and-supportor try this:

-Separated parents - Australian Government Department of Human

-You could also contact Anglicare, they were an enormous help for me when I needed it.

Best wishes and please get back to us.

Geoff.

Gaz67
Community Member

Hi Geoof, I spoke to someone online at mensline yesterday morning which was a big step for me to do but glad I have taken it now & will be talking to them again for sure. I will look in to your other suggestions as well & again thank you for your reply

Gary

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Gary, thanks for your reply, and please keep in touch as we'd love to know how you are going.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Gaz67
Community Member

Hi Geoff, I will keep in touch had a bad day yesterday had bad thoughts after a argument but have now gotten past them & have talked to someone which has helped. I'm feeling a little more comfortable reaching out to someone now somethign that I have never been comfortable doing.

Thank you for your messages & help with giving me some direction really appreciate it

Gary