FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Recently found out partner of 12 years cheated on me

Charliegrace92
Community Member

I found out from the girl he cheated on me with. Apparently it was on and off for 2 years. He broke up with me but we got back together almost straight away and he kept seeing her. Found out they last slept together as recently as Christmas last year and was pnly told this April. Its been almost 2 months since finding out. I still love him but this is the most hurt I've ever been in and I'm struggling to cope. I'm struggling to get past the idea I had of our relationship and the idea i had of him. It seems like I never thought anything like this could ever happen and this all happened at a time I felt most comfortable in our relationship. I have crippling anxiety and I just feel depressed. I thought I was doing alright at one point but i can feel it getting worse. Just after any advice from someone who's experienced anything similar, how they coped after being cheated on with a long time partner they trusted completely.

2 Replies 2

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Charliegrace92,

I am sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time and it is not surprising that you feel confused and unsteady at the moment. I have not been through the situation you are in, but I do feel I can offer you some support. I have been betrayed by people in the past, including my own mother, so I understand the feeling of being blindsided. I wonder, since you did not mention it, have you spoken to your husband about the reason this happened? Has he been open to talking about it? Also wondering about the woman he was seeing, did she give a reason for telling you about it? Without a little more information it is hard to make suggestions. Please come back and discuss this further.

Hang in there,

indigo22

Vale22
Community Member

Hi just checking in with how you're doing? I found out that my long term partner has been seeing prostitutes regularly for about a year recently. Wondered how you've moved forward over the past little while? Hope you're OK. I thought my relationship was watertight until this. Feeling blindsided