FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pregnant and exhausted

Emilylou
Community Member

I'm currently 7 months pregnant with my first child and building a house with my partner. Currently we live with my parents to save a little extra money.

Firstly, partner dislikes my mum so I'm constantly trying to defuse the situation. Second, I work full time in a high stress job. Third, I have high blood pressure and at high risk of antenatal and postnatal depression.

I've gotten to the point where I don't want to leave my bed. I want to do the right thing for my baby so I eat at least twice a day (hearty/healthy meals) and go for walks even other day. This is for my baby. Not for me. If it was up to me I wouldn't.

My partner doesn't help, instead he fights with my mum and stresses me more. He's constantly complaining about money and time. I do what I can but its never enough.

I'm just lost and don't know what to do or who to talk to. Even if I talk to someone what kind of response would help?

2 Replies 2

Fairywings
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi gorgeous and welcome xx Nice to meet you I'm Venessa. Ur r carrying a lot on your shoulders atm life is never easy let alone building a house and being 7mths pregnant. If u r feeling so exhausted I would be listening to what your body is telling you. If you feel things need to take a step back then do so, don't be afraid of that. It can only do you good. You are at a crucial time in your pregnancy that stress isn't at all good for you I would be taking some time off if it is possible? does your partner work? if not he has no right to be complaining. As for the constant conflict between your partner and mother they are grown adults - let your partner know that you are going to be stepping back from the situation a bit, that he needs to respect your mother at least for letting him stay there in her house (even better send him back to his mother's while all this happening lol) and try to get along with her for your sake, there is a high risk at this point in time that unwanted stress would be doing no good for you or your little one. Man up or man out? is what I would be saying to him you def don't need this extra stress right now or at all for that matter. Please feel free to share your thoughts anytime we are all here for you xx warmest regards Venessa xx

Apollo_Black
Community Member

"Even if I talk to someone what kind of response would help?"

Regular visits to your obstetrician - essential. Your BP needs regular monitoring. Pre-eclamsia can be serious.

I would be talking to your obstetrician about your home situation. In no uncertain terms your partner and mother need to be told (by your obstetrician) TO SHUT THEIR BS DOWN SO THEIR PETTY SQUABBLING DOEN'T PUT YOU AND YOUR UNBORN BABY AT RISK.

You might need to take maternity leave early