FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pregnant and discovered my partner cheating

teej43
Community Member

Long sorry short me and my partner just reconciled after 4 years. We have 2 beautiful children already and I am expecting another one which happened quiet quickly with us getting back together. Fast forward 5 months and I have just discovered he has been cheating the whole time we got back together. Reasons we split previously was due to drugs and alcohol and I assume cheating in there.

anyways I can’t help but feel like an absolute idiot. 
I seriously was happy living my best single life until I let my guard down and let him back in, and then seeing how happy our kids were to have there family back again. But now how do I crush there world again all the while mine is falling apart

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Dear teej43,

Thank you for posting about your current distressing situation in our supportive community.

We would like to encourage you to ring our professionals on 1300 22 4636. They are available 24 hours per day, every day of the year. They should be able to provide you information about local services in your area which may be able to assist you.

We look forward to reading the excellent support and advice from our lovely community.

Warm regards,

Sophie M.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi teej43,

I am sorry you are going through this, you must feel so betrayed and hurt. I believe that when terrible things happen, they happen to teach us something, even if that is not clear yet. Maybe this had to happen so you can be certain that he is not the partner for you. I would think that you deserve so much better than to be treated like this, and your kids deserve to have a better example of love in their lives. I know it is hard and you do not want to let your kids down, but when they get older they will hopefully understand. I would not ruin their image of their dad though, they can still have a positive relationship with him, but it does not mean you two have to be together. You also have to look after yourself to a certain extent, and I do not think staying in this relationship would be beneficial for that, do you? Do you want to pursue things any further?

Things will get better and remember to know your worth!

Jaz xx

OdliDPrincess
Community Member

Carrying his child isn't justification enough to stay with a cheater. He has previously injured you, betrayed your confidence, and demonstrated that he definitely does not love or appreciate you enough to be committed to you (sorry to be blunt). Most women find the prospect of becoming a single mother intimidating; I do not. If I had a boyfriend and we split up for any reason, I would raise my child alone unless the father chose to share him/her. Staying in a poor relationship for the sake of the child is not impossible, but it is never a smart decision. If the mother is unhappy, the child will be as well.