FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Partner left me and im 9 months pregnant

Mumma2be1
Community Member
My partner left me and we are bout to have a baby. He says it's because of my aniexty and behavior of the hours his worked. Im absolutely devastered and so lost. Im waiting now to give birth and it feels like its never going to happen. I cant go over my due date i need my daughter to help me through this tough time. She will make me smile again
2 Replies 2

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion
Dear Mumma2be~
I"m so sorry for the terrible thing that is happening to you with your partner leaving you like that. It's precisely at this time he needed to be here to help see you though. Talking about your anxiety and his work hours as an excuse to disappear seems pretty weak. I will say thought some men cannot take pressure - not that I'm excusing him, I don't know the facts.

Do you mind if I ask did he say anything more, promise to return or say he was going for good?

It's just as well you have something to look forward to, I don't know if you mean you have a daughter already, or you are talking about the baby you are about to have - maybe the last. Your new baby will definitely take over your life and take your love and return it - a wonderful thing.

How are you off for support? Do you have anyone, family, parents, brothers or sisters, or friends to help see you though?

Please come back and say how you are going

Croix

Blue_Jane
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Mumma2be1

First of all congratulations on your pregnancy. I am so sorry to hear what has happened. Is there a chance that your partner will realise the impact of him leaving and will come back?

Croix has asked a lot of questions that I have in my mind. I think the most important thing at this stage is that you have someone you can lean on in place of your partner. Now is not the time to independent, you need to ask a family member or friend for help. They will be happy to be there. People like to be practical and bringing a baby into the world is a very special thing.

Regardless, once you have had your baby and things are more settled, you will need to discuss what has happened with your partner.

I too am pregnant and I feel extra vulnerable so I can't even imagine what you are feeling. Thinking of you.

Blue Jane